Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:16 pm 
Moist Happy of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: crossroads_inc42
AOL: Eric+Fischer
I wanted to start this as gag, and figured everyone else could start in as well. I mean, since our postcounts are at Zero, perhaps ALL of us could be Newcomers! As such, heres an introduction Thread for those of us that either never had the chance or have been here longer then anyone :gwynn:

*Ahems*

HI everyone! Names Crossroads Inc.! Um, gee, Started reading in the middle of when Oasis was attacking Zoe, In that rainstorm? Boy was just a little while ago! anyways, just HAD to become a member now that this "Dangerous Days Ahead" has gotton so cool!

So, It seems I need to post a Hukuu, Is that how its spelled? (such a newbi)

"I Love Catnip Mice"
"They Taste good with lots of Sauce"
I Chew the tasty heads"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:22 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Excellent idea. Might I suggest that we oldtimers all post our "introductions" to this thread, rather than starting new ones? While I believe that Crossroad's post implies this suggestion, I thought that I'd stress it.

Well, my name is Llefser and I am an alcoholic. Er, I mean sluggite. I've been a part of what we used to call the beta boards for over two years, and was also a member of the boards that preceded those, although under a different name. Up until a year ago, I moderated WGARS. I have also moderated Introductions, and was briefly some other sort of moderator whose official name escapes me at present.

I was also a bit of a trouble-maker. :kiki:

Now, let's recap the day. Locked out of my avatar. Stripped of my underwear, ignored by the other sluggites. What else could go wrong today? Oh, look at that cute bunny!

:bunbun:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:59 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: AxelFendersson
Er, hello. I'm AxelFendersson. Contrary to what you might assume, that isn't actually my real name (although sometimes it is what I am called). I started reading Sluggy on 19th November, 2001, and have never looked back.

When I'm not making a nuisance of myself on web-forums, I'm a physics student, currently in my first year (again) at the University of Southampton, in Hampshire, England, Europe, Earth, the Solar System, The Milky Way.

Writing haiku can be dangerously addictive, so I'm not going to. But I wouldn't want to leave you completely without poetry, so here's a cinquain instead:

Axel,
Fool that he is,
Tries to write poetry
By way of an introduction
To you.

Yes, that's the same intro poem I used the first time, too!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:04 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
I'm FearTheMullet. I've been on the boards almost 3 years, and have moderated for almost as long. I have moderated every single forum at one point or another aside from POOP, since it's so new. I like playing guitar, drinking enough booze to drown a third world country, and long walks on the booze. I mean beach.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:16 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
Hello, I'm Kaintukee_Bob. Some of you may know me as K-Bob, the Grand High Master of WGARS. If you know me as such, that means you are my minion and should therefore get back to work. Everyone else should ignore the previous two sentences (*waves hand all Jedi-ish*).

Uh, I tend to hang out in WGARS and GC, though I'm not totally unknown in FRPG (and love playing Werewolves in GRPG) or SRC.

My av is currently a burning skull vomitting a rainbow, which is (obviously) destined to be the most popular image on the internet (after all the filthy, filthy community standards violating images) as every personal web page incorporates fire, skulls, or rainbows...though I'm likely to switch back to my nofty Green Kiki.

Hey...wait just a minute. This is all shiny and new...and we all have insanely low post counts...

New sluggy(dot)net
Never a battlethread fought
Well, we can fix that

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:29 pm 
Hello my name is reko-chan! This new sluggy.net is really odd. It looks cool but i miss my old screen. Oh well can't be helped now. Just like my avatar shows, i do play a string instument, just not a violin. I play the viola. I also really like anime. Well here is a new haiku.

New sluggy is cool
All my old posts are gone though
I miss old sluggy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:39 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Haldo!

The name's Himizujin Eternia, and I'm a gamer that should be studying for finals right now. I tend to hang out in GRPG and FRPG most of the time, as I'm both a player and a GM. I'm a huge fan of anime of all kinds. In fact, I end up defending many of my series from fanboys of my other favorite series.

And now, Haiku for you

The Himizujin
Lets out a powerful yell
FUEGO! AGUA! (Boom)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:43 pm 
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
Behold! I am fthg42, and I am blatantly procrastinating at this point.

Let me post once more,
A Sluggite's wish is granted.
Who needs biochem?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:44 pm 
Noooooooo! I just broke in my robot, was using my chopsticks then BAM! all gone. Oh well, now I don't feel so intimidated by people with 5 thousand posts.

Anyway I remember being asked where in Colorado I'm in (look at my location <--) and it is currently Golden CO, home of the Colorado School of Mines (you know like digging up dirt for stuff, miners, and any mime jokes will get you drug into the street and shot) and the Coors Brewing company.

Another haiku
To christen these new forums
Long live the Petey

Yeah, that's all I got.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:56 pm 
AOL: Anaea+the+Blue
Hello, I'm Anaea, (capitalized despite my negligence upon registering) and contraty to popular belief, I am not a parrot. I do think though that in honor of the new boards, I may put up the avatar that started this misconception. Anyway, my poetry.

I like sluggy dot net
On that you can surely bet
Because it's all fun
And saves me from the sun
For posting I'm all ready set

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:03 pm 
AOL: NerotheHurricane
Location: In front of the monitor, doin' stuff. Or not. Whichever.
Hello all, my name is Nero, I'm 6 foot, brown hair blue eyes, I like long walks on the beach in the moonlight and watching things explo... er. I think Llef is rubbing off on me.

Well, I'm Nero, on the old boards I was known as Nero the Hurricane for awhile, since this name got fritzed. I'd like to say hello to all the newer peoples, hi again to everyone that came before me, and there's sugar cookies off to the right, but sorry, no drugs to the left.

Once upon a time,
'Twas a user named Nero
Feels good to be back!

Happy posting ever'one!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:11 pm 
AOL: mechamancer9
Location: Mechamancer is safe to use around children and small animals
Tis I Mechamancer. I just want you all to remember that Only I have the Magic Ruler of Justice. if you remember that then we will get along just fine.

I got started because my brother is a member of these forums you might remember him his name is Ipslore.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:15 pm 
Ten months of reading,
A single post last Thursday.
Lost with all my gifts.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:29 pm 
Hi. I'm Ibeme, and I'm a year old today. That's I be me, by the way, not an odd reference to construction material, or computer programs or something else crazy like that. I curse the new forums for driving me back into my old posting ways. Now I will never find a job. Thankfully, I have a haiku to comfort me.

snow sluggy
and darjeeling tea-
early christmas!

Thankee.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:43 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
My name is SaveTheGreyhounds, but most people call me STG. I answer to either, and also to Save, Grey, or Hounds. Few people call me "The," probably because it's such a common middle name.

Welcome, Welcome back
Welcome me back, Welcome back
All are welcomed here.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions