Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post subject: Comic Problem
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:14 pm 
Some pages of the webcomic don't show... or rather that is to say the images (including the comic itself) fail to load properly. Instead I just get a page with the filename displayed on it. Sometimes I can bypass it by going to the weekly view, but sometimes that is bugged too and there is just a list of JPG filenames.

O'course this is just how it shows on my home computer. At work it fails to load those pages completely. Past experience also tells me that precisely which pages screw up is only consistent in the short-term, and that over time different pages will be failing to load while others that were dodgy before might be fine [I'm currently unable to see the entirety of the second half of March 2005... aside from various individual comics previous to that].

I've also noticed the curious side-effect that on the pages that have failed to load properly, all the links replace "www.sluggy.com" with "ads.sluggy.com" and I have no idea why.

I also recall being told I was supposed to do something else with this error report other than posting it here, but my memory is terrible and I don't remember what that is.... so I'm just going with what makes most sense to me at the moment.

Post subject: Re: Comic Problem
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:23 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
Check here for a possible explanation of your problem. If that doesn't fix it, tell swmartian that his advice is flawed.

Post subject: Re: Comic Problem
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:26 pm 
Grillick wrote:
Check here for a possible explanation of your problem. If that doesn't fix it, tell swmartian that his advice is flawed.

I'll go check now, but that seems quite likely here....
I wouldn't use Failfox if my life depended on it... but ironically, I do use a browser built on the same core engine called Orca (I believe it is still in Beta)... so I wouldn't be surprised if it is doing precisely the same thing, basically.

The catch is that at work, I access via Internet Explorer as per default there... and it does a very similar thing. I have no control over spam-filters there.

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments