Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness

Post subject: Re: the kitoba game
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:20 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
If the clues are what they seem to be, yes. We may have this round wrapped up. Do any of you have guesses what round 3 will bring?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:17 am 
[OOG

CCC continues to dominate this round, and did even better than he predicted, maxing his points with 3 doubled points for 6 this round, 1 null and no demerits. I particularly admired another elegant state 2 score. However, his post was too inefficient to close the round.

Drachefly, unfortunately, committed the same technical foul as CCC did earlier, and in this case it sadly invalidated the rest of his otherwise sterling entry.]

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:38 pm 
AOL: Dodger724
Everyone seems to have figured this round out rather quickly. Unfortunately, I am completely stuck. And to add insult to injury I miscounted for my first post of the round which is why I believe it did not score any points. I can only hope this post does better. The longer this game goes on the more confused I get while my opponents are becoming less so.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:53 pm 
[OOG - Sorry Dodger, no points. You are indeed "miscounting".]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:14 am 
It's alright if I offer them a few hints, right? Drachefly, we're almost on the same page; but remember that this round, like the first, is personal - clues just don't make the cut. Dodger, you're being too singular.

(Estimated score: Two points, demerits are a mystery)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 am 
Even with CCC's hint I have no idea what's going on. My current strategy doesn't seem to be working at all. I'm going to have to revert to my round 1 strategy.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:52 am 
AOL: drachefly
My theory would suggest that CCC's score from the recent post is nothing at all - a total whiff. Interesting to think about what CCC's model is, though, and the others's models. They seem to be having trouble with finding the right things that come in threes. We appear to have the right things. Dodger, et al - do you want to describe what your models look like? Knowing where to start from might help in providing advice.

[OOG: several things said here just to say things, trying to avoid scoring and demerits except where I'm attempting to do so. Tricky! Of course, having done it, I recall that I can just do this. Oh well.]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:06 am 
[OOG - Drache, you are spot on. CCC's experimental nature led him to violate some of the contractual restrictions in the rubric, invalidating his scoring attempts.

Dodger, a round 1 strategy is singularly badly suited to this round, no points. However Drache has successfully maximized his points this turn, no demerits, no nulls, while (deliberately?) avoiding triggering an automatic round change.

With that said, given that there have already been two point-maxes in this double-points round, I'll be manually closing out this round in the very near future, so get your final entries in --no more than one per player.]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 pm 
Well, alea jacta est as Caesar said to the Romans when they crossed the Rubicon - the die is cast. Let it fall where it may, and we shall see the results. Dodger, Drachefly - best of luck to both of you.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:23 pm 
[OOG

CCC maxes his points and triggers the automatic closing of the round, completing a truly dominant performance in Round 2.

CCC 3 + 16 = 19
Drache 4 + 6 = 10
Dodger 2 + 0 = 2
Steave 0 + 0 = 0

I'm going to suspend the automatic round-closing provision for the next round, and also specify (1) that you can only max your points out once and (2) no double posting (not that anyone has done any of that).

Round 3 is kind of a do-over. We're going back to Round 1, in a manner of speaking, but this time we're going to do it properly. All prior points are now potential demerits. Game resets to State 1]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:29 pm 
...well, on the bright side, I think I now know what triggers the automatic closing of a round. Out of curiousity, though, Dodger - did you ever properly figure out Round One? I know Drachefly did - how quickly he picked up on Round Two proved it.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:54 pm 
kitoba, CCC and drachefly: This one last ditch attempt to earn points. If this doesn't work then I am afraid I'll have to bow out. I am at a huge deficit and I just can't seem to make heads nor Miles Tails Powers of the scoring strategies in this game.

Last edited by Dodger77 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 pm 
[OOG - CCC and Dodger77, you both came very close to scoring points, in a way that makes me feel that you are both on the right track. But ultimately, neither of you did.

But don't be discouraged 77, there's still plenty o' game left to score in. Maybe all you need is some good old fashioned belief in your self. Or just more of a willingness to blow your own horn.]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:34 pm 
Properly. Right.

Well, speaking as CCC, there is something that needs to be said. Dodger, don't give up too soon; it's not the points that are important, it's the grammar. And, if further encouragement is desired, consider Steave's position.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:12 pm 
[OOG - CCC 1 point - good work making it out of State 1. But you seem to have reckoned without my narcissism. ]

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness