Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 am 
Alrighty, quick couple of updates. First of all: good job Solara, all three were correct (good catch with Clue by the way) Drachefly, you were right on Aliens, but none of the other guesses were correct. (you were close on the Harry Potter one though! :) I'll give both of y'all credit where it's due.

Let's see, what else?

Solara Hanover wrote:
G
SH30: The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done!
SH33: No hard feelings Point Break, you've got a mean swing.

SH30: Star Trek: First Contact
SH33: Marvel's The Avengers

Four new quotes (I won't screw up the numbering this time...)

GH.39 "That's it, goodbye! I'm not staying here to argue with someone who's signing up to be a hot lunch!"
GH.40 "Well, first time for everything, right?" "What makes you think this is my first time?"
GH.41 "Here, I'm gonna need you to fill these up." *Spittake* "With what?"
GH.42 "Must go faster. Must go faster." - baconbotsforever, (Independence Day or Jurassic Park)

Also Drachefly, the quote referencing AJ is about as far away from Equestria Girls (I had to look that up, btw) as can be.

Last edited by Galaxy Hunter on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:33 am 
GH42 - Independence Day, Goldblum to Smith flying alien saucer

BBF25 - Now that's how you s'pose to drive. From now on, that's how you drive!

BBF26 - Yes, of course! Hence the name: movement. It moves a certain distance, then it stops, you see? A revolution gets its name by always coming back around in your face.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:12 pm 
Can I get a confirm/deny on my guesses on Jor 36 and 39 (page 8 near the bottom)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:53 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
QC61: The Sword in the Stone (one of my all-time fave Disney movies)
BBF17: Days of Thunder
BBF23: Juno

SH35: Good afternoon. We're gonna have a great jump today. Okay, first crank a hard cutback as you hit the wall. There's a screaming bottom curve, so watch out. Remember: rip it, roll it, and punch it.- bbf (Finding Nemo)
SH36: Reagan usually does the driving. Stolen switch car. They leave it running... on the curb. It look sparked from the distance. When they run they dump the vehicle and they vanish... like a virgin on prom night.- QC (Point Break)
SH37: I'm sorry, what was the question? I was distracted by the half-masticated cow rolling around in your wide-open trap.
SH38: Eeewww, disgusting! You mean... *fluid transfer*? bbf (Demolition Man)
SH39: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.- QC (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
SH40: What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Last edited by Solara Hanover on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:37 pm 
I know, right, Solara? Sword in the Stone is way under-appreciated.

SH36: Point Break
SH39: Holy Grail

QC.85: Only devil here is me.
QC.86: I thought I'd gone to the limits. I hadn't.
QC.87: It's useless! Useless! In time it will come for him and then it will come for you!
QC.88: I can imagine no way in which this thing could be considered anywhere remotely close to safe.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:09 pm 
SH38 - Demolition Man, Sandra Bullock to Stallone

SH31 - Anastasia

SH35 - Finding Nemo

SH32 - Spiderman

BBF27 - A bomb is made to explode. That's its meaning. Its purpose. Your life is empty because you spend it trying to stop the bomb from becoming. And for who? For what? You know what a bomb is, Jack, that doesn't explode? It's a cheap gold watch, buddy.

BBF28 - Just how obscene an amount of cash are we talking about here? Profane or really offensive?

BBF29 - If you are gonna name my... member, you have to name it something hyper masculine. Something like Spike, or Butch, or Krull the Warrior King!

BBF30 - We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us!

BBF31 - I fly to the moon, I shrink the moon, I grab the moon, I sit on the toi-let, what?

BBF32 - The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

BBF33 - Sulley, you're not supposed to name it. Once you name it, you start getting attached to it. Now put that thing back where it came from or so help me...

BBF34 - Silly little planet. Anyone could take over the place with the right set of mammary glands.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:23 pm 
baconbotsforever wrote:

BBF27 - A bomb is made to explode. That's its meaning. Its purpose. Your life is empty because you spend it trying to stop the bomb from becoming. And for who? For what? You know what a bomb is, Jack, that doesn't explode? It's a cheap gold watch, buddy.

BBF31 - I fly to the moon, I shrink the moon, I grab the moon, I sit on the toi-let, what?

BBF33 - Sulley, you're not supposed to name it. Once you name it, you start getting attached to it. Now put that thing back where it came from or so help me...

BBF34 - Silly little planet. Anyone could take over the place with the right set of mammary glands.

BBF27 Speed

BBF31 Despicable Me

BBF33 Monsters Inc.

BBF34 Men In Black II

GH.43 "A bruise in the knee is a helluva long way from your heart, you candy-ass."

GH.44 "If I owned this place and hell, I'd rent this place out and live in hell."

GH.45 "There's a gas shortage and a flock of seagulls. That's about it."

GH.46 "That's easy; she's standing right next to you."

GH.47 "Like a glove!"

GH.48 "My father hung me on a hook. Once."

GH.49 "Pull over!" "No, it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing!"

GH.50 "Jude, open the door Jude. That's a beautiful dress by the way!"

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:14 am 
GH48 - Johnny Dangerously. The backstabbing subordinate who keeps saying variations on that quote, including his death line.

BBF35 - My balloons. Those are my balloons. He stole my balloons! Why didn't somebody tell me he had one of those... things?

BBF36 - "Charlie, ever played roulette?" "On occasion." "Well, let me give you a word of advice. Always bet on black!"

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:19 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
FACE PALM on HBP

GAWD how could I muff that one up? Dumbledore was Headmaster during that book!

I rend my garments with shame. No ashes around, tho.

Well, I guess I've got 3 extra pairs of quotes paid ahead.

And BBF33 was poorly chosen considering that the following quote has already been used in this game!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:57 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
GH47: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
GH49: Dumb and Dumber
BBF32: Top Gun
BBF28: Pretty Woman

SH41: Well, if I were a pirate, that's just where I'd hide the Devil's Eye. Eh, I'll go over and- check it out. QC (The Rescuers).
SH42: Hey, man, you're ugly! And you're uglier than him! And you're Ugly, Part Three! Hey, you're Revenge of the Ugly!
SH43: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
SH44: It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi...
SH45: I'll tell you what I'm doing. I want to buy eight hot dogs and eight hot dog buns to go with them. But no one sells eight hot dog buns. They only sell twelve hot dog buns. So I end up paying for four buns I don't need. So I am removing the superfluous buns. Yeah. And you want to know why? Because some big-shot over at the wiener company got together with some big-shot over at the bun company and decided to rip off the American public. Because they think the American public is a bunch of trusting nit-wits who will pay for everything they don't need rather than make a stink. Well they're not ripping of this nitwit anymore because I'm not paying for one more thing I don't need. QC (Father of the Bride)
SH46: Our first game is called Well Begun is Half-Done.
SH47: Since I am innocent of this crime, sir, I find it decidedly *inconvenient* that the gun was never found. drachefly (Shawshank Redemption)
SH48: I was trained by the best. British intelligence. But in retrospect I would rather have been a poet. Or a farmer.

Last edited by Solara Hanover on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:02 pm 
SH41: The Rescuers
SH45: Father of the Bride

QC.89: Because... what's left of a life depends on a machine powered by a cord that leads to a plug in an electrical outlet... and I decide when it gets pulled. That's why.
QC.90: A good fort needs a gap. The enemy must be lured in. So we can attack them. If we only defend, we lose the war.
QC.91: You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance going to bring your son back to you? Or my boy to me?
QC.92: Phone call from God. If it had been collect, that would have been daring!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:03 pm 
AOL: drachefly
SH43: I've got it on the tip of my tongue, but can't think of it. grr.
SH47: Shawshank Redemption

(I'm pre-paid on replacement quotes)

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:10 pm 
AOL: Dodger724
Well it's page 10, so this round is over. We could start a new round (we've got plenty of quotes!)
Here are your final(ish) scores:

quantumcat42: 44
Inspiration: 2
Jorodryn: 20
Solara Hanover: 21
kitoba: 7 (+2 pfc)
drachefly: 4
Thom Solo: 5
Steave: 10
LeoChopper: 13
baconbotsforever: 12 (he owes us quotes though)
Dodger77: 8
Galaxy Hunter: 18 (+2 pfc from Thom Solo. Uh, good luck with that! =P)

Congrats Qunatumcat!

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness