Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
Abraham Lincoln was only two feet tall, and gained his reputation as a man of stature through careful rumor-mongering and trick daguerreotype photography.

Cats are the leading cause of Type 1 Diabetes.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 5215
Location: Awaiting the Waffle Signal
NP completeness concerns the nutritional content of algorithms.
Logorithms are useful mathematical constructs, but have trouble balancing checkbooks.
Fermat's Last Therom ends in aaaarrgggggghhhh!

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:33 am
Posts: 26
Location: The Zone
waffle wrote:
NP completeness concerns the nutritional content of algorithms.
Logorithms are useful mathematical constructs, but have trouble balancing checkbooks.
Fermat's Last Therom ends in aaaarrgggggghhhh!


did you know that waffle's been taking too many mathematics courses? (I actually think fermat's last conjecture end's in a "heheheh... this problem will plague mathematicians for YEARS! BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" thankfully it's been solved)

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:07 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:07 am
Posts: 1490
WLM: sir_knighthawk@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: sir_knighthawk@yahoo.com
Location: Out of my mind, back... never
Creativity-Null wrote:
waffle wrote:
NP completeness concerns the nutritional content of algorithms.
Logorithms are useful mathematical constructs, but have trouble balancing checkbooks.
Fermat's Last Therom ends in aaaarrgggggghhhh!


did you know that waffle's been taking too many mathematics courses? (I actually think fermat's last conjecture end's in a "heheheh... this problem will plague mathematicians for YEARS! BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" thankfully it's been solved)

Yes, but in a different way than he would have.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:05 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:54 am
Posts: 5105
Location: Australia
Waffles posts are followed by a tread derailing 98% of the time unless his post occurs on a Thursday in which case chance are increased by 2% or on the 13th Nov when chances decrease by 2% but if 13th Nov falls on Thursday chances increase by 393 672%

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 5215
Location: Awaiting the Waffle Signal
If one collected all the ants in the world into one place, it would form a ball as large as the Mile High Stadium in Denver, immediately attack Hammond's candy factory, get a massive sugar rush on all those candy canes and lurch wildly across the great plains, leaving a wake of death, destruction and little AA fliers everywhere.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 5215
Location: Awaiting the Waffle Signal
If one collected all the ants in the world into one place, it would form a ball as large as the Mile High Stadium in Denver, immediately attack Hammond's candy factory, get a massive sugar rush on all those candy canes and lurch wildly across the great plains, leaving a wake of death, destruction and little AA fliers everywhere.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:17 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:07 am
Posts: 1490
WLM: sir_knighthawk@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: sir_knighthawk@yahoo.com
Location: Out of my mind, back... never
The zombie apocalypse was actually prevented by a researcher remembering to wash their hands.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:26 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2792
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Mischievous does not actually rhyme with devious. (You may have known that, but I just learned it the other day! In my defense, I do not often encounter the word. Especially in its written form.)

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:49 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2993
LobosSolos wrote:
The zombie apocalypse was actually prevented by a researcher remembering to wash their hands.

...followed immediately by another researcher headshotting patient zero.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 1437
Location: Department of obvious temporal physics!
The reason ghosts don't wear shoes is that it would keep them from floating. Adventurous ghosts will keep a pair handy in case they need to explore underwater.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Little-Known Facts
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:15 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
Strawberry jam is the best jam.

Midnight Oil's Peter Garrett is seven feet tall and a member of Parliament.

Cats hate being put in tiny costumes -- unless the outfits are white tie. They also like fedoras and monocles.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: