Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts

Post subject: Re: Trump.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:14 am 
You are talking about party with a subculture that gleefully installs belching smokestacks on their personal vehicles to no purpose except to offend environmentalists. Whingeing about dishwashers is the least of it.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:22 pm 
Kea wrote:
You are talking about party with a subculture that gleefully installs belching smokestacks on their personal vehicles to no purpose except to offend environmentalists.

Anything to own those cuck libs.

I feel dirty for having typed that.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:39 pm 
As usual Trump takes something with a tiny kernel of truth and goes on a totally crazy tangent.

There are a lot of little things that get built into modern appliances for efficiency (be it saving resources, or make it cheaper to produce) that can be annoying. Like for me it is, that there are no more proper on/off switches, where you can look on the switch and see if it is switched on or off.

So i suppose a "they don't build things like they did in the old days" message does resonate for a lot of people. As long as you don't pay any attention to the details of what he says at least.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:04 am 
Apparently if you just watch little clips of Trump's speeches or read about them online, you get little idea of how incoherent, random and nonsensical his rants really are. The act of editing content down to fit a format forces video editors and reporters to impose order where there is very little.

I don't suppose his admiring fans mind very much, as long as his disdain for liberals remains clear.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am 
Madam & Eve is a cartoon that is - usually - to South African politics what Dilbert is to corporate office employment. But occasionally they reference other politics as well, if it's a big enough story to get on the news here.

One of their recent cartoons is all about Trump. I thought it would be appreciated here.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:45 am 
I also suppose the more incoherent someone is, the easier it is, to project what you want to hear into his ramblings.

Maybe it's no fluke, that people, who like to get their theological arguments in tongues, like to get their political ones from Trump.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:43 pm 
The editing of Trump is why articles keep emerging from reporters from other countries who are shocked at his incoherence when they finally witness him live.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:10 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Trump's impeachment defense: I did it, get over it. Since at least 40 Republican senators have, looks like it's going to work. Though it's amusing watching them desperately try to stop Bolton from testifying.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:02 am 
Looks like they're succeeding in stopping Bolton from testifying.

Though really, I wouldn't pin my hopes on Bolton. Sure he hates Trump's guts but he's not going out of his way to help the Democrats. He's saving it all for his book.

And of course Trump doesn't have a real defence. It isn't a real trial.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
And now that the book has leaked, things seem to be getting interesting. Trump's defense is now to say 'Look! A two headed monkey!' then run when folks look. McConnell is apparently looking to trade witnesses with the Democrats if he's doomed to lose the vote against any at all, but I'm not sure the Democrats will be interested in playing. Well, we shall see.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:52 pm 
While I am sure that there must be any number of people inside the average publishing house of political potboilers with the means and motive to leak Bolton's manuscript, I have to wonder whether he had a hand in it himself. Well, it finally appears to have made the few purple state Republicans squeamish enough.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:27 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I love how the Defense's arguments ranged from sort of relevant if you kind of squint a little to LOL NO.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:32 pm 
They're just spouting soundbites for Fox News while running down the clock. It doesn't actually matter what they say.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:03 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Looks like the ones from purplish states have decided to lie like Republicans from now until the election instead of facing whatever witnesses might say then voting on conviction. Being cowards and selling out has been their thing for a long time, and I guess it's too much of a go-to for them now. Though this time it could cost them their jobs, and that would be a shame, wouldn't it?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:13 am 
Except they clearly would rather take their chances with so-called moderate voters than do anything to anger Trump and his base.

Perhaps they are screwed either way but they think they're way more screwed in one direction than the other.

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts