Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:19 pm 
I swa a little blurb on tv where Bush said that torrorists want the US our of Iraq. So does most of Iraq but thats besides the point. I got really supspicious when Bush said "Before Iraq becomes a democratic nation." when he looked over to the left(his left) and cracked a little grin for a second. Now maybe it's just me, but I found this really representing your countries current ideas (not the peoples the gov.). You won't leave because terrorists will take over? They already have jumped in because of you, and now it's worse then before, and your democracy will never happen if the US stays. Your at a point where the terrorists will not leave as long as the US is there because it's an easy target to kill Americans. Basically The us built a base in the middle of a desert filled with cutthroats out to get them, so if they don't leave, nothing will come, the Iraqis won't have a true democracy because you'll be shoving your ideals on them through so called democratization, and innocent people will be killed for nothing, maybe some oil, but if they start oil refineries ther there is no way in hell that they won't get attacked.

So, basically teh US can endure the terrorists and keep fighting and never winning or losing and basically making this a trench type war (where both sides are at a standstill, not literally) Or, they can leave and let the new democracy form which is what most people who don't like the US want so they can deal for thigns themselves, the terrorists will stay, and people will get hurt, but if Iraq can successfully fend these people off the terrorists will lose interest since Iraqos aren't their enemy unless Iraq sells it's oil to the US. Iraq shouldn't tap that oil if they know whats good for their country, because the US will take it and they will be thrown in under the US buddies catagory and be attacked.

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts