Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:27 pm 
Seriously? Where's the real Obama and what have you done to him?

I can barely believe this is the same guy. He must be gearing up for the general election, and this time he's fighting mean. No more Mr. Rainbows and Kumbaya.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:15 am 
My guess is that he finally got fed up and fired his speech writers. About time too, in my opinion.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 am 
This is all calculated. He didn't need to start attacking the Republicans while they were doing such a good job attacking each other. Now that Romney is tying things up, Obama is switching into campaign mode.

And he's always been perfectly capable of fighting mean and dirty, he just only deploys that when needed. It's not his default mode like it is for Gingrich, for instance.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:28 pm 
I just wish "when needed" refered to the state of the nation, rather than the state of his re-election chances.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:46 am 
Do you think it will help him or hurt him? This whole time, the conventional political wisdom said that Obama can't display anger because voters will reject him as an Angry Black Man, plus the usual suspects will kick off another round of "Class Warfare, Class Warfare, I tell you!" We can assume that conservative Republicans aren't going to vote for Obama anyway, but does his new strategy have the potential to harm him among independents?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:04 am 
He has successfully developed a reputation as doormat.

If a card carrying doormat starts to yell, you automatically assume there is good reason to yell, and it is quite past the time to start yelling.

if someone who is known to be contantly angry starts to yell, you just think he is aggressive and gets unhinged.

I was the opinion that him falling, while already lying down, was strategy all along. I just had assumed that he had some project with actual political content up his sleeve, not just general pre election rhetorics.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:24 am 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
I don't know why anyone is concerned if they want Obama in office... With Romney being the republican candidate, the clear choice is to vote for Obama. I mean if you are going to vote for identical philosophy, why not stick with the person you know.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:34 pm 
Kea wrote:
Do you think it will help him or hurt him? This whole time, the conventional political wisdom said that Obama can't display anger because voters will reject him as an Angry Black Man, plus the usual suspects will kick off another round of "Class Warfare, Class Warfare, I tell you!" We can assume that conservative Republicans aren't going to vote for Obama anyway, but does his new strategy have the potential to harm him among independents?

The judgment of history may still be out on Obama as a president, but it's already in on him as a candidate. You don't become the first black president of the United States without being extraordinary gifted at the art of politics. I can't guess how a particular piece of political theater will play with the general public, but I'm willing to bet that Obama can.

I think we already got a preview of where Obama's campaign is headed overall from Biden's quip that "GM is alive and Bin Ladin is dead" --two messages that are going to play great in the conservative midwestern heartland. I think the message he'll promote is that he doesn't need to playact being tough all the time because he gets results when it counts.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 pm 
AOL: x86EliGottlieb
Jorodryn wrote:
I don't know why anyone is concerned if they want Obama in office... With Romney being the republican candidate, the clear choice is to vote for Obama. I mean if you are going to vote for identical philosophy, why not stick with the person you know.

And this is why I'm voting Green.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 am 
Crazed123 wrote:
Jorodryn wrote:

And this is why I'm voting Green.

I'm probably (but not definitely) not voting Green, but otherwise I wholly back the sentiment of this post.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:20 am 
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Well once again I will be considering either the Libertarian or Constitution party candidates.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Were there any Republican candidates besides Ron Paul that might have made that otherwise, Jorodryn?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:07 pm 
No

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:53 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
In addition to Ron Paul, I might have gone for Gary Johnson, not that he was ever a real contender as a Republican candidate.

But yes, I myself will be cheerfully ticking the box for whatever moonbat the LP scrounges up this time around. :kiki:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:56 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
And that's why I like you two. Really wish more Libertarians would divorce themselves from the Republicans. We could use the greater diversity in office.

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts