Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts

Post subject: Coming together at last.
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:14 pm 
Well, it seems that Jews, Muslims and Christains in Isreal have finally found someone they can all hate together.
To quote from the movie "Lone Star"
"Yeah, its always heartwarming to see a prejudice defeated by a deeper prejudice."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:29 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
ARE THESE PEOPLE F&^KING NUTS??!

*phew*

Ok, now that I've said that, I can debate properly.

This is incredible. Your taking an item that all three religions are firmly against, and then holding it a festival dedicated to it in a city that not only holds the founding of all three religions in it, but is also one that all three have fought and bled for??

Heh, they must be nuts. It is well documented what goes on in these festivals. Nudity, public homosexual acts, and homosexual paraphernalia and propaganda.

All of this held in a city that has been in a war zone for the past 60 years??

I really think that at this point the homosexuals have gone too far.

Why? The majority of people, in Canada at least, have accepted homosexuals, or at least tolerate them. We have accepted them into our society and are now slowly giving them equal status. We tolerate their parades, where they can say, act and do whatever they want.

Now though, they wish to hold their festival in a cultural and religious capital that all three religions are against and will never say yes to. That is pushing their beliefs on us too much.

It would be like Satanists holding a parade in Rome, demanding that the city agree to it's public display.

It's just too much. These people are going to do nothing more than fan the flames of hatred towards their beliefs.

They are in fact going to create MORE homophobia by holding their festival in Jerusalem and defeat their purpose entirely. Its no longer going to be Palatines suicide bombing Jewish buses, but rather mobs of both races massacring the gays left and right on the streets.

I might be over exaggerating a bit there, but there is no way in all of the nine hells is this going to end well or peacefully.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Location: What a lovely pair of tropical Sulidae you've got there.
Nice to see that these clerics can ignore trivial issues like the geopolitical/religious tinderbox that is their region (dare I say caused in no small part by themselves) and concentrate on the really important things in the world (that is silly people dressing up in thongs).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:20 pm 
Quote:
Heh, they must be nuts. It is well documented what goes on in these festivals. Nudity, public homosexual acts, and homosexual paraphernalia and propaganda.

What the hell? Cite, please?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:39 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Location: Sunny, sunny Chicago ... wait, what? uh oh... (just moved to Chicago)
Datarn, I'd like you to re-read your post and think of how it would feel to you to read that if you were a homosexual currently living in Jerusalem. Yes, it is a very important Holy City to three major religions, but that shouldn't make the city immune from real life. Sewage still has to be collected in Jerusalem, people eat in Jerusalem, and people have sex.

There are many homosexual Christians who believe that Jesus' message of love applies to them, too. For many people having a gay pride festival in Jerusalem could strongly unite two important parts of their lives.

Having said that, the current political/military situation in Jersualem would not make it idea for any kind of festival, to my mind.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:15 pm 
Dataran wrote:
Now though, they wish to hold their festival in a cultural and religious capital that all three religions are against and will never say yes to. That is pushing their beliefs on us too much.

Pushing their beliefs on us? Last I checked, nobody tried to force anyone else to become homosexual. They have tried to get people to accept them, but I have a tough time resenting a push for equality.

If satanists wanted to hold a parade in Rome, they're welcome to it. The city belongs to the public, not the church. They're part of the public, so as long as they don't cause any damage, they can do what they want. The same applies here.

It may not end well. It may result in anti-gay violence. But wouldn't it make sense to blame the individuals willing to conduct violence, than the homosexual community?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:07 pm 
AOL: NoxPaxMox
I just can't see the logic behind this. It's just too risky. All three religious groups see this as defiling their Holy Land. I think they'll be more than a bit ticked about it. The goal of these festivals is to promote tolerance and equality, but this will only lead to increased intolerance, and possibly violence. It's just stupid.
Edited for spelling

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:04 am 
Yeah! No one should stand up for their beliefs or individuality anymore! And those that do should expect violence! Can't everyone just accept the crazy beliefs of the fundementalists and try to conform?

I'm so sick of bizzarro logic. The fundementalists are the ones that crash the festivals with violence in the name of morality to impose their beliefs on everyone around them. THEY are going too far.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:57 am 
Dataran would you day the same if people with anti drug agenda held a public meeting in Amsterdam?Anyone opposing hippies in San Francisco? Anyone opposed to Hollywood in Los Angeles. Anyone opposed to gambling in Las Vegas. Anti Monarchists in any Monarchy.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:22 am 
Well, a country like America and Canada can handle public rallies by deeply unpopular groups, like the Klu Klux Klan.* Israel, while a democracy, is home to a lot of violent extremists who are politically very powerful. Having a gay parade in Israel might not be as suicidal as say, holding one in Iran or China, but it's pretty close.

* I am not equating the beliefs of gay groups to those of the Klu Klux Klan. I am only saying that gay groups are probably as unpopular on a purely demograhic level in Israel as white supremacists are in North America.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:47 am 
Kea wrote:
. I am only saying that gay groups are probably as unpopular on a purely demograhic level in Israel as white supremacists are in North America.

well, then all this worry is pointless - they'll be fine!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:45 am 
Depends on which part. I'd like to see them try to march through Harlem.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:27 pm 
I would like to point out that, in Isreal, gays are REQUIRED to serve in the military. Thus, a lot of homosexuals have spilled blood defending the Holy Land. I think they deserve a parade.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:45 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
LeoChopper wrote:
If satanists wanted to hold a parade in Rome, they're welcome to it. The city belongs to the public, not the church. They're part of the public, so as long as they don't cause any damage, they can do what they want. The same applies here.
I believe Leo would have been referring more to Vatican City, not Rome.

I think they're trying to become visible to a fragment of the world that doesn't accept homosexuality in an attempt to open thier eyes. A rough analogy is the homosexuals continually trying to get into the New York City's Hybernian Society's St. Patrick's Day Parade. At first it was a big deal, now it's not.

What I do not think the organizers of this event have taken into consideration is, the people opposed to them arent going to march into the parade, festival, party, rally, whatever.... in NYC With a bomb. In Jerusalem, it's a good chance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:52 am 
gregnier wrote:
I believe Leo would have been referring more to Vatican City, not Rome.

I meant Rome. If Dataran meant the Vatican, than satanists couldn't hold a rally, but the situation isn't analogous. Jerusalem may be sacred to a lot of people, but it is not private property. Pretending it is has led to enough disgusting persecution, and we should stop.

gregnier wrote:
What I do not think the organizers of this event have taken into consideration is, the people opposed to them arent going to march into the parade, festival, party, rally, whatever.... in NYC With a bomb. In Jerusalem, it's a good chance.

Somehow, I don't think the gays of Israel are out of touch with the situation there, certainly not more than we are across the sea. If they decide to attend the rally, it's because they think demanding equality is worth the risk of violence. It's something for future generations, and I won't fault them for it.

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts