Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts

Post subject: Re: Trump.
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:53 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Apparently Barr saw some personal downside in saying that Trump didn't break any laws in this Ukraine mess, and so he refused to hold a press conference to do that when Trump asked him to. Aside from possibly getting disbarred I'm not sure what he's scared of; but it must be interesting.

Meanwhile it's fun to watch the treason weasels on the Hill running around trying to out the whistleblower; even if they are all engaged in a conspiracy to commit a felony, they're just so inept about it. Which is apparently supposed to be the last line of defense for Trump's felonies, too. But then again, Putin has had the Russian media print the name of someone who could be the WB; nice to know Trump is still on good terms with his handler through all of this.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:51 am 
Well, if someone called Barr gets disbarred, one has to bear in mind that the bad jokes at his expense will never cease. He has more to fear from disbarring than someone with a different name.

Kea wrote:
If the Senate acquits him in impeachment (likely) and he wins a second term after losing the popular vote again (possible), I don't want to think about what the world looks like in another four years' time.

Extrapolating from Zuma... imagine anything and everything that's government-funded almost collapsing from sheer lack of money and lack of maintenance; and a national debt that makes any financier step back and raise both eyebrows.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:32 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The treason weasels would need to hold both houses of Congress as well to do that; but so long as they hold one we can count on them finally killing the rule of law in this country were Trump to be permitted another term.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:24 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Idly amusing: a witness at the impeachment trial is complaining about Trump harassing her, and as she does so he goes on twitter to harass her. Clearly he's not the brains in his little company.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:58 am 
We are seeing the consequences of an all-lackey White House. There's nobody left to tell Trump not to do stupid illegal stuff.

I now consume news about the US impeachment scandal as a light distraction from the dystopian hellscape I'm living in.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Given what I've been reading about the situation in HK these days, I suppose the Trump and Treason show would be light distraction. Hopefully you get through that ok.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:48 pm 
Sondland's lawyer must have told him that if he doesn't flip on Trump, he's going to prison. A dude who bought an ambassardorship isn't going to sacrifice himself. All lackeys, all the time.

So all the Republicans have got left to cling to is a single out-of-context quote where a clearly lying Trump said he didn't want a quid pro quo. That's all that's gonna play on Fox News. There's a few small signs that reality is breaking in on the edges of Trumpland, but it might be too little too late.

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts