Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts

Post subject: Re: Trump.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:44 pm 
TWO terms? What makes you think that Pence would win reelection?

Meanwhile, the notorious Michael Wolff book is a firm entry in the Trump Is Actually An Idiot column. Just in case any of us were still wondering if he is secretly a media-manipulating master of distraction. Turns out many of the seemingly pointless controversies that appeared to be attempts to distract the public from more serious problems were in fact attempts by his own staff to distract their boss from ham-fistedly messing up delicate situations. Better for him to yell about football players than threaten nuclear war again.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:06 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I don't know if he will win or not. Since Trump managed it, I assume a Pence win is well within the realm of possibility. I would of course prefer Trump/Pence serve no more than one term.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:01 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Pence doesn't have the same appeal to aging white male losers in flyover country that Trump does. The ostensibly religious types who vote for Trump may actually like Pence; but that's not going to get the folks who are sacrificing their children in order to see the President piss off the people they hate for them. You really need both groups to get the Trump minority; without all of them even the crimes of the GOP and the espionage of their Russian (ahem) co-belligerents isn't enough to steal the White House.

Oddly enough, it still feels a bit odd to discuss the overt toleration (bordering on collaboration) of the GOP for the Russian Government's efforts to sabotage the American electoral system and political process. I guess it's just been a strange half century around here.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 pm 
I put the odds of Congress fixing DACA at about 15% at this point. After a bunch of directionless farting around, everyone is now too busy freaking out over Trump's "****hole" comment to get things done. It looks like the GOP immigration hawks talked Trump out of backing the compromise that a bunch of senators had come up with, and now, who knows?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 am 
With all the discussion on how racist Trumps poop comment actually is, i find it odd that nobody gives the Trump the obvious answer, why there is not more immigration from Norway.

Norwegians have little incentive to move to a poop, where healthcare is crappy and where you have to be extra carefull around police officers, because otherwise you might get shot.

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts