Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:45 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: marauderpilot
Lady Orlando wrote:
Doing: Looking at plans to build a trebuchet.

Dude, building a trebuchet is awesome fun. I built a small one for an Ancient Civs project on siege weapons and used it to siege the gym classes. But there are so many uses for them. And it's a lot easier then it looks. Just remember that your counterweight needs to be hundreds of times larger then your ammo. So, for example, a bowling ball would need an oil barrel full of water or something, and so on.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:28 pm 
Reading: Currently working through HGTTG. I'm on So Long And Thanks For All the Fish and I'm going to the library tomorrow to pick up Star Wars once more.
Listening to: Silence..the greatest sound in the world.
Studying: Or supposed to be studying for my ICP class which I have a quiz for on Monday.
Eating: Nothing at all right now and won't be till atleast 7 or 8. I haven't been eating a lot lately.
Doing: Evading getting kicked off the net.
Plotting: To kidnap a costume maker and take them hostage and force them to produce SW costumes by the dozen so I can wear them and feel pretty ^^;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:27 pm 
reading: The entire Discworld series. Again.
studying: I'm 34....what do I need to study, save perhaps the inside of my eyelids?
listening to: Gravion Zwei on Anime Network On Demand.
watching: Same.
eating: Beer.
doing: Errr......kinda obvious, isn't it?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:29 am 
Yahoo Messenger: firewater_tears
Location: I figured, everyone's doing the self avatar thing, why not me?
Reading: Well, I just finished "The Dragon and the Djinn", and now I'm book hunting again.
Studying: Math. EVIL.
Listening to: Random Techno, including some my fiancee sequenced.
Watching: Some old reruns of Battlestar Galactica, and someone else playing Burnout 3.
Eating: Whatever I can get my hands on, mostly tuna salad, chef boyardee, and turkey sandwiches.
Doing: Got some flowers for my mother because she went to the hospital last friday, finding out my mom's cancer stopped responding to the chemo, finding out that she has maybe a few weeks to live, if not only a few days... And still trying to do my homework. Juggling a social life with my home and school life, when my home life is getting more and more stressful. Yeah. Life sucks.

Plotting: Finding some legal way to get back at the doctors that told my mother she had two years to live. Painful, but legal.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:30 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Reading: The Lord of the Rings, for the second time.
Studying: Nothing. Too busy working overtime for months on end. :(
Listening to: Soundtrack to Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Watching: Everybody Loves Raymond on DVD, when I can snatch some time to do so.
Eating: Pizza and chicken tenders.
Doing: Working, sleeping, working... Oh, and overhauling my personal web site when I get a moment.
Plotting: Overhauling my family's web site, writing some groovy code I want to write instead of the code I have to write. Did I mention I've been working a lot?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:33 am 
MechZilla wrote:
reading: The entire Discworld series. Again.
Hey, you re-read the entire series too?
It's good to know I'm not the only one.

Oh, and I'm currently reading the Hitchhiker's Guide Radio Scripts (worth picking up if you can find a copy, trust me).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:59 am 
I've probably re-read the thing about....heck. I've lost count.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:44 am 
AOL: AxelFendersson
Studying: Yes, I really should be doing that, shouldn't I?
Listening to: Robert Plant's fantastic new album, Mighty Rearranger.
Watching: Saw Star Wars Ep. III, Underworld, Dodgeball, and a Bill Bailey DVD last night (friend's birthday), will be watching Heavenly Creatures, Jam (TV sketch show by Chris Morris), and probably other things as well tonght (GameSoc film night).
Eating: A cheese and pickle baguette.
Doing: Not as much work as I should be.
Plotting: You know, the usual: the painful death of my enemies, world domination, all that sort of thing.

Last edited by AxelFendersson on Fri May 20, 2005 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:58 am 
AOL: ArialCoelura
Pssst, Axel?

What exactly is world nominaion?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:20 am 
AOL: AxelFendersson
I can't think what you're talking about ;)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:43 am 
Its been a couple of days...

Studying: multifarious scripting languages, but generally not a lot.

Listening to: They Might Be Giants - The Spine (I REALLY need to stop... its havign an effect on me)

Watching: my wife's midriff expand rapidly... now officially only 30 days till the due date... Also watching my monsters level up most evenings, playing Azure Dreams through again for the umpteenth time...

Eating: Sugar free gum, in an attempt to counteract the pack of Starmix that constituted the majority of breakfast... although I'm fantasising about a Picnic bar right about now... yeah...

Doing: Surveying the web, looking at animal rescue centres in the North West - I have a scouse budgie to rehome after the sad demise of his owner...

Plotting: To eventually have sufficient admin rights on the network to be able to do my job properly... and more developments regarding the game mentioned last time... Does anyone know of any accessible and easy to use cheap / free 3d animation packages?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:58 am 
AOL: ArialCoelura
Studying: Practical expirments into the effect of mix bleach and amonia cleaners without passing out

Listening to: Minstrels of Mayhem

Watching: Monday HHGTTG, tomorrow Ep III

Eating: Lemonaid

Doing: Anything but working, looking for cars online, browsing think geek,

Plotting: The overthrow of the EU as a first step in dorld womination. More realisticlly gearing up for the game next week.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:24 am 
Studying: phpBB forum administration. Installing plugins for the webmaster.
Listening to: boy, box fans are noisy, but the cool air they pull in the windows is sweet and cool, just like my fevered, dihydrogen-oxide-deprived brain needs.
Watching: Boreme.com really needs the ratings back on their videos - of the last 10 I downloaded, only one was really worth seeing (the police dog training video).
Eating: Just finished eating curry rice with pork (unclean meat - blech! But it was cheap) in it.
Doing: Just finished moving the 1000W air conditioner from one end of the house, to the other end of the house, and installed it in the window, where it's more useful. Took 2.5 hours, but it was a success. Helping a friend via Skype Internet phone to reconfigure the operating system on a client's computer.
Plotting: To clean up my room and vacuum the floor, so I can move on to further deviations.

Cheap/free, and easy to use animation packages? trueSpace is good for modeling, but animation is a bit tricky in it unless you do everything exactly right. Might be a fun forum thread for you to start.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:33 pm 
Reading: Let me think... The only book I've read this week is När Änglar Dör by Andreas Roman. It wasn't a very good book, though. I usually read a lot more than that, but I've been busy being lazy.
Studying: Well, I've been studying quite a lot lately, but not much of what I like to study, and not enough of what I should study. Mostly biology, geography and mathematics. I managed to study some of the Finnish language for a few hours as well. That sure is an odd language, but I'm trying to master it anyway, Finland being my country's neighbour and all.
Listening to: Mostly Queen and David Bowie, but some Otyg (a Swedish band), Finntroll (a Finland-Swedish band) and Gåte (a Norwegian band) as well.
Watching: I don't own a tellie, so I tend to watch my computer screen a lot. I've also been looking at this cute girl a lot, but I haven't caught her looking at me back. *Sighs.* Woe is me!
Eating: Hm, too much pizza, but otherwise too little.
Doing: Not very much, and far too little considering that I have a lot more school work to do. I'm a lazy sod.
Plotting: Well, I don't even have to mention the world domination thing, right? I've also been planning the lazy days of my summer. The plans involved a lot of sleeping, swimming, sun bathing and chatting with friends. Yay for summer holidays!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:44 pm 
Website: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/n/n/nna/nna.html
Abbesson wrote:
I managed to study some of the Finnish language for a few hours as well. That sure is an odd language, but I'm trying to master it anyway, Finland being my country's neighbour and all.

I wish you luck and offer my condolences. A foriegner trying to learn Finnish is like a cat trying to learn how to breath underwater. ;)

daladus

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat