Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:18 pm 
reading: Friday Night Lights.
studying: Comm 413, 418, Inart 10
listening to: Chris and Jim on Qwik Rock.
watching: Adult Swim
eating: Hot Pockets
doing: Worrying about cash, worrying if an old alumni of my fraternity was going to survive through the week (he will), trying really hard to erase 2 days of staying awake and standing and failing (so sleepy), Freaking out this morning when I realized I had an exam that I'd thought was next week was today, and I hadn't studied. Going to professor and asking for an extension, getting one and feeling like the poop. Working very hard on keeping my room clean, debating if I should start a gaming group, getting ready for spring break.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:37 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
reading: My second readthrough of Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure, and also finishing off Jeremy Clarkson's I Know You Got Soul.
studying: Origami Design Secrets, Robert Lang.
listening to: Bill Bailey.
watching: Nothing much on the TV lately.
eating: Healthily. Trying to lose some weight.
doing: Trying to get back used to school after the holidays, preparing to start a site up, keeping sane (but only just).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:40 pm 
reading: The paper.
studying: if only
listening to: lots of Prodigy for some reason, and a fair bit of Daft Punk and Zero 7. Saw Miss Kitten and Mongo Lounge on Saturday.
watching: The Champions League. Still plugging for a Liverpool-Lyon final.
eating: very little.
doing: going out and getting far too mashed (and spending far too much money) far too much.*
planning: to sort out the phone bill, to pay housemates I owe and collect from housemates who owe me, to pay all the rent I still owe my current landlord and sort out forms and stuff for my next landlord, to go to some lectures, to start my dissertation, to meet my dissertation tutor, to pay off my library fine so I'm allowed to get books out again, to organise the amnesty AGM, to get a job, to cut down and to sort my life out in general. I'm ambitious.

*Edit: okay, the original post might have been funnier; I just wasn't too sure about CS

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:53 pm 
AOL: Attackrat00
reading: just finished Ghost Soldiers, an account of a 1945 mission to rescue POWs in the Philippines.
studying: also just finished: studying for the LSAT. I took it two weeks ago, and am anxiously awaiting the results.
listening to: Radiohead. Lots of Radiohead. Also the Chieftains, Aquabats, and random other stuff.
watching: not much. Planning on starting Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex sometime this week(end).
eating: my signature turkey, cheese and jalapeno sammich!
doing: stressing over applying to law schools, rejoicing over getting my summer camp job finalized, uploading random drawings, practicing my fencing footwork, conspiring with my older brother, worrying about my younger brother...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:50 pm 
reading The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene, and Guns Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond. Well, sorta. I haven't had a look at them in a few weeks. Darned life getting in the way. Actually just now I was reading Legislative Council records. Mind numbing except for the laughable bits.

studying Said Legislative Council records. I'm writing a paper for work, or rather, ghost writing it. I'm being made to pretend I'm a renowned newspaper columnist and financial analyst so that it looks as if the man actually put some work into this, instead of getting an entry-level hack to recycle some of his old columns.

listening to The irate chatterings of my pet parrot and mynah. I'm keeping them up past their bedtime and they don't seem too happy about it.

eating Candy. I've eaten all the good candy, so I'm stuck with the bad stuff now.

doing Procrastinating. Whee.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:13 pm 
reading: Neal Stephenson's Quicksilver (boy, the 17th century was pretty grotty!), and MissMab.com.
studying: Practicing drawing daily - I'm finally starting to become fairly reasonable at drawing what I see. The better I get at drawing, the better I'll be able to hold original pictures in my head and translate them onto paper, or 3D. Another few weeks and I'll be able to start drawing the things I see in my head to a degree that I'm not completely dissatisfied with my results :)
listening to: Mostly Classical, some selections from my library (Pictures at an Exhibition, Finlandia, music ripped from my Warcraft II CD... mostly in .mp3 vbr format, although I find that .ogg seems to sound a bit better)
watching: Various 99¢ store DVD's of old television series such as the Beverly Hillbillies, on the computer.
eating: Intermittently, mostly lentils, rice, and sourdough toast with non-hydrogenated imitation butter or salt/peanuts-only peanut butter (relatively expensive, but tasty).
doing: Funny how weeks will go by with little or no activity, and then I'll have a cluster of conflicting meetings and appointments on the same day - meet with a computer consulting client about what I fixed on the school's library computers, go to a doctor's appointment, tag along for a meeting with a bankruptcy lawyer pertaining to the already long-non-functional family computer business. Also planning to sell some old laserjets and surplus computer equipment off on eBay.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:27 pm 
AOL: ArialCoelura
Reading: Persuasion - Jane Austen, some books off my brothers Web Scription account, Sluggy Boards

Studing: I wish...

Listening to: Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Lots'o Gaelic Storm and Dropkick Murpheys

Watching: Survivor's got a girl from my alma mater on it. I'll watch until she gets voted off.

Eating: too much or not enough I can't really tell which.

Doing: Cleaning, trying to sort my life out, wishing I had enough guts or to little brains to sell everything and move somewhere new. Trying to figure out how to come up with $1500 to pay for my latest eye problems. Doing just about anything other than work.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:33 pm 
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
(Re-)Reading: The Hitchhiker's Trilogy
Studying: Nucleic acid biochemistry, biochemical methods, virology, and English anomalies and dialects
Listening to: Muse
Watching: Scrubs, The X-Files on syndication, Stargate SG-1 on syndication
Eating: whatever's on hand at the time
Doing: way too many things at considerable detriment to my mental health

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:01 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
AOL: marauderpilot
Reading: Dude, Where's My Country-Micheal Moore, far too many textbooks and class material (Calc?! Chem?! WTF!)

Studing: See above. Got a calc test tomorrow, and, because I missed most of the unit, I don't know half of it. Gah.

Listening to: Dropkick Murphys, System of a Down

Watching: I don't watch TV. However, I was watching RotK on Avalon earlier.

Eating: Rice, with vegatable and onion flavoring, and a Pepsi.

Doing: Trying to learn a new unit of calc, repainting my entire Warhammer 40K army (Paint stripper + skin = not fun.), trying to figure out my ex (Don't ask, you really don't wanna know), recovering from the Annual Febuary Cold From HELL!!!, trying to figure out why Avalon's fan is making funny noises and trying to decide if I should leave it, or hose it down with a can of Dust-Off and typing this post.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:33 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
reading: Stranger In A Strange Land, by some guy or another... *grabs book* Heinlein.
studying: Art, drivers ed, and .... stuff. Leave me alone, I'm on vacation.
listening to: Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.
watching: Monty Python. Holy Grail and Meaning of Life, specifically.
eating: Cough Drops (Halls... ludens aren't working.), Saltines, and rolos.
doing: Posting on various forums. Homework. Wondering about cleaning my room.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:42 pm 
Beta Tester of DOOM!
AOL: ChicagoDog77
reading: A stripped copy of Wizard I got from B&N and "The Oxford History of World Cinema" for a class.
studying: Film. Screenwriting, to be precise.
listening to: Nothing at the moment. I've got an eclectic mix of classic rock, rap, and others on my mp3 player.
watching: This week: Die Hard and Weekend for class.
eating: Just had eggs 'n' toast with jelly.
doing: Nothing until I go into work at 3:30.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:20 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
reading: George Carlin's new book, "When Will Jesus Bring the Porkchops?" Hilarious.
studying: Data Analysis. But I just did the final, so SCREW THAT!
listening to: Still no computer, so I only hear music in my car. Mostly my The Appleseed Cast and The Mars Volta CDs.
watching: This week: Watched Gangs of New York past weekend. Got lost in MXC on SpikeTV for an hour last night.
eating: Hmmm, about to heat up some chili my mom made for me!
doing: Well, the final I just finished was my last on for the quarter, so I am going to be imbibing enough alcohol tonight to drown a third world country. :torg:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:06 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: SCfreek232
AOL: bunbunismygod
reading: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Douglas Adams
studying: Nothing (go vacation :D)
listening to: KoRn (5 albums), Slipknot (3 albums), old Genesis (5 albums), System of a Down (2 albums), Linkin Park (5 albums), Green Day (old and new) Sum 41-Chuck, and last but not least; Lemon Demon (Neil Cicierega's band)
watching: The Simpsons (good old ones and bad new ones) and MXC.
eating: Um....today I had pizza. lol.
doing: Recovering from a cold and from torment of stupid kids.

EDIT: FearTheMullet reminded me to add MXC. :P

Last edited by SCfreek232 on Sat May 21, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:46 pm 
AOL: AxelFendersson
Reading: Collection of H. P. Lovecraft Short Stories
Studying: Wave motion, Kinetic theory of gases. I should theoretically be studying complex numbers as well, but there's not much point since I already know all the stuff we're doing at the moment.
Listening to: William Shatner's new album, Has Been. Yes, you read that right. Give it a listen: you'll be amazed.
Watching: Aside from this video, nothing much.
Eating: Lots of pizza at lunchtime, and a sandwich this evening.
Doing: Seeing if I can get my bag back from South West Trains' lost property office, having left it on a train on Sunday.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:47 pm 
reading: yes

studying: the OJ-314 version 19b (if anyone else knows what this is i'll be impressed

listening to: silence

watching: the ceiling fan rotate

eating: protien

doing: packing for a yearlong "vacation" to a asian country followed by another year in a developing country

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat