Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:20 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
..including such classics as Prince of Persia and Oregon Trail. I figure people can post recommendations or share their fond memories of playing. I thought it might make for a neat topic seeing as it's been pretty quiet in here lately.

I was just going to mention that I remember playing a version of Oregon Trail in school that seemed to be more advanced that the version that is typically screen shotted. i just noticed at the top of the list is the Oregon Trail deluxe version; That must have been the one I played. And yes, it was still absolutely brutal in terms of breaking limbs and cholera and yellow fever etc etc. I do recall beating it on at least one occasion though. (The secret is to choose the Doctor occupation at the beginning. You start with quite a bit of money and you greatly increase the survivability of your family.)

One other game that I recognize is Super Munchers! I used to play that on my uncles old pre iMac Macintosh computer (not sure exactly what model). It's a neat little somewhat educational game where it gives you a category and you munch the items that fit into that category (i.e. "Mammals").

eta: OMG They have deluxe Where in the World is Carmen San Diego (and other Carmen San Diego games.) I love that game!

Link

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:16 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Played my first game of Oregon Trail ever. It went well. The sound was absolutely awful, though. Kept screeching at me like bad feedback from a microphone.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:27 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Any chance it'll have Wizard's Castle?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:10 pm 
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
Any chance it'll have Wizard's Castle?

It's not on the page that I linked. They do have a game by that name available for download here. It appears to be a text based game so I am not sure if it's the game that you mean or not.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:07 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Kajin wrote:
Played my first game of Oregon Trail ever. It went well. The sound was absolutely awful, though. Kept screeching at me like bad feedback from a microphone.

Young whipper snapper. That was the good sound back then. Most computers didn't come equipped with sound cards and so you only had the speaker that was attached for post beeps and the like.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:25 am 
Actually there may be legitimate sound issues with this emulation. I know I experienced speakrer popping when I was playing Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat