Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:39 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Today!, We are cancelling Injustice!

I've never seen a film with such cheesy lines delivered so believably.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Really enjoyed the phrase "Chasing the Rabbit". No idea how they managed to get the actors to go through that scene without busting up laughing.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:00 am 
Steave wrote:
"Yeah, you might want to train with them a little bit considering they're significantly more effective than punching or waiting for your firearm to charge. In fact we probably should've just replaced your hands with swords though I guess then you couldn't pick up boats."

My mind kept telling me that a real cargo ship wouldn't hold together well enough out of water for anything to club anything else over the head with it. I also kept wondering why, if guided missiles couldn't kill a monster, punching them in the face with several tons of metal would be an improvement.

And also, if there were any survivors on that boat before it was used to bash a monster, there sure weren't any afterwards. I guess wossisname learned his lesson about putting his life in danger to rescue civilian vessels. Nope, much better to use them as blunt weapons.

I also wondered why everybody in Hong Kong's dress sense had time warped back to the 1960s. And why they were speaking the wrong dialect of Chinese. And why, if a monster destroyed the city at some point, and we rebuilt it with completely unrecognizable and far more exotic architecture, we'd keep our "pedestrian precinct" road signs exactly the same.

I also wondered whether the cheesy dialogue would be any more believable if the whole movie (and by that I mean the human characters) were animated. And I decided no, probably not.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat