Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:57 am 
AAFES has gobs of them over here - too bad the shipping time would make it even slower if I was to ship them to people back home.

I'll be on as soon as my computer is fixed - hopefully tonight.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:44 am 
Moist Happy of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: crossroads_inc42
AOL: Eric+Fischer
Heh, for ONCE I'm glad to be a Mac user!

Because of the realtivly small market share, Mac Stores actually have a SURPLESS of WoW games since there is not as huge amount of people demanding the game.

Oh yes, still updating the list on page one, heh, so far everyone who has put there name up has been on a diferent Serve, no luck getting Sluggites together yet :gwynn:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:25 am 
Beta Tester of DOOM!
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: dragonofannoyia
I just got the game Saturday for my birthday, and alas I'm already addicted. I'm playing a Night Elf Druid, but I don't know what server it's on. I'll check that and update.

D.O.A.
--

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:33 pm 
I picked it up for myself on Friday. Already hopelessly addicted. I'm playing on the Dreanor server as a Night Elf Rogue.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:13 am 
Playing on Laughing Skull server as Kryias. Tauren Shaman level 26.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:31 am 
Yahoo Messenger: mrmycon
AOL: The+Shaggy+One
I'm on Whisperwind. Mordaz - Level 23 Gnome Warlock.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:53 pm 
Up to Level 22 Gnomish mage on the Proudmoore server now (well, halfway there - I should probably hit 22 in about an hour).

Just made my Gnomish Universal Remote - can't wait to try it out and either bring a mechanical creature under my control, root it to the spot, or make it "very, very angry", according to the description :kiki:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:21 am 
Beta Tester of DOOM!
Just an update, currently I'm playing on Shadowsong server w/ a lvl 26 Druid named Fadë. Note to other players, do not put extended Ascii characters into your name, no matter how cool it looks. Most other players don't know how to add them into thier text to add you as a friend, invite you to groups, give you a tell, etc.

I have a level 10 Forsaken Rogue on another server that I can remember. I brought him up while my server was down for the last maintenance patch.

If anyone wanted to come to my server, I would be willing to set up a Sluggy guild. Defenders of the Nifty perhaps? :torg: Else, we could all pick a server to join and create, etc. should anyone be interested.

D.O.A.
--

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:31 am 
Moist Happy of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: crossroads_inc42
AOL: Eric+Fischer
Dude "Defenders Of The Nifty" Sounds way cool! Only problem is, so far, all the WoW Sluggites seem to be on different servers!! Seriously, Nine Listed Sluggites on TEN Servers!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:56 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
I'm on Earthen Ring, a 9th level Troll Warrior.

I've only been playing for a bit, but it's a lot of fun.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:59 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
I think Sluggites are too diverse to make a guild viable. Heck, I doubt we'd even be able to settle on the issue of RP, Normal or PvP.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:48 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: TiDragoner
AOL: RiazKnyne
FreakyBoy wrote:
I think Sluggites are too diverse to make a guild viable. Heck, I doubt we'd even be able to settle on the issue of RP, Normal or PvP.

At the moment, while I'm usually not a PVP person, I would probably chose PVP. I love roleplaying...but when I played on the RP server I just got annoyed. I was chatting with some people on General channel(which as far as I could tell was OOC with some people Role Playing half assed) and got called a troll and 'not a real RPer' because I guess I took the conversation away from RP and they told me to get back to it and I said "What, talking about the Sexual Benifits of gnomes and how I am getting SOOOO drunk at the tavern and listening to Elves and Dwarves insult one another?" which basically summed up all the "RP" that had been going on. Ugh.

I think that was on earthen ring.

So I just went back to my other server.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:04 pm 
I'm in the European Beta, my name is Tanukitsune (DUH!) and I'm and undead warlock, but since the beta will end soon and my character will be deleted, I probably won't play till it's over and I have the game in my hands...
I might create my own guild... How about "We might be ghouls"? I could call my new character Dr. Worm....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:22 pm 
Beta Tester of DOOM!
AOL: ChicagoDog77
I almost bought this game. Then I realized that A) I don't have the cash. B) I generally dislike fantasy settings, even skewed ones like WoW. C) I hate profession/crafting/skill systems with a passion. D) PvP is just not interesting to me.

So I balanced this against playing as a gnome and decided to just stick with City of Heroes which is so simple as to be un-fun for many people. I, on the other hand, love it and wish I had a more powerful computer so it wouldn't lag so much. Playing games with less than the recommened amount of RAM is a bad idea. But hey, I can run that AND UT2004, so screw y'all!

All that being said, if anyone can convince me otherwise, maybe I'll give WoW a try. It seems less annoying than say...EverQuest.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:30 pm 
Beta Tester of DOOM!
Caesar, in most of the general comparisons that I've found, they say WoW is better suited for the casual game player, verses the hard-core gonna-spend-16-hours-a-day-online player. It's also less limited by hardware restraints. Supposedly it's a much simpler interface and generally easier to do alone at lower levels, if you don't want to group.

So far, to compare it to my EQ days of yore, I've found it to be much more fun. Quests are easier to obtain, not always hack and slash and generally force you to explore more and more of the game. I never got into any of the EQ expansions so I can't speak to if that changed. I didn't like the general attitude the makers of EQ had towards their customers while I was playing. So far Blizzard seems to be fostering a better community with WoW in my opinion, and they seem to be treating the players with a lot more respect than EQ ever did.

It would be interesting to set up a donation button, were sluggites could donate to purchase other sluggites the game. :) After the first month, it would be up to themsleves to spend the money to stay on. I wonder if Tom could work out a discount for us. ;)

D.O.A.
--

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat