Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:12 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Location: What a lovely pair of tropical Sulidae you've got there.
Am I the only one who is wondering how on earth Fed Ex managed to get it so completely wrong? It worries me, I order a lot of stuff.

I agree with those that said contact the would-be recievers. But don't go out of your way, the onus is one everyone but you. Call them a bunch of times, if you find youreslf waiting on the phone with music playing hang up. They (as in the recieveres and Fed Ex) should be doing the running around, not you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:42 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
Hmm...

A friend of mine ordered me something from Thinkgeek, two day shipping, and a month later it still hasn't got here.

So, as someone who it seems has been on the other end of this, I say contact them and let them know. Good karma and all that.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:36 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Few more details:
The FedEx shipping labels are specifically labeled from an individual at White Wolf's corporate office in Georgia to me at my old home address.
Attached to "box 1" of the eight box delivery was a Packing Slip from "PSI" (which the same address as White Wolf's corporate office) with a Bill To: and Ship To: of the distributor in Oregon, thus how I know where it was "supposed" to go. The packing slip was in a sealed celophane sleeve.

As far as FedEx knew, it was meant to be delivered to my address.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:42 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
And the resolution:

What I did was contact both White Wolf and the distributor. White Wolf responded today.

White Wolf wrote:
Dear Freaky Boy

I would like to apologize for the shipping error due to the mistake on the part of one of my employees. I also would like to thank you for getting in contact with us to let us know about the shipping error. I know this may be a pain in the butt but somehow we need to get our product back. If you can, please take the 8 boxes to any FedEx station so they can be returned. You will need to fill out a waybill to send it back. Our address is <address>. In section 7 of the waybill is a place to put a fedex account #. The account # is <#> and you will bill to sender which is the same account number. For the inconvenience we would like to send you some of our products in exchange. We would need an updated address of course and a reasonable list of games you desire. You can send me an e-mail to let me know what you want and if you will be able to take the boxes to the FedEx station. Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope this can be resolved easily. Please reply at your earliest convenience.

Good guys don't always finish last, because now I can get stuff I actually want. Ka-ching!

Though I'm strongly considering asking for nothing. I'm naturally generous, and it's not like this has cost me anything but a few moments of time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:04 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Location: What a lovely pair of tropical Sulidae you've got there.
FreakyBoy wrote:
Good guys don't always finish last, because now I can get stuff I actually want. Ka-ching!

Though I'm strongly considering asking for nothing. I'm naturally generous, and it's not like this has cost me anything but a few moments of time.
It's nice of them to offer, and if you don't make unreasonable demands there's nothing wrong in being rewarded for a good deed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:10 pm 
FreakyBoy wrote:

TAKE IT!!! There's nothing wrong with taking a "thank you". You don't take it, they don't feel it. You take it, they don't really feel it, i mean you just gave them a whole buncha stuff back.

take it!! it'll be a great story to tell everyone how you got that shelf full of games...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:45 pm 
Hey, if you don't want any of it at least ask some gamer friends if there's anything THEY want. Double karma points for you!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:48 pm 
this reminds me of third grade when someone didn't want a cookie

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:30 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
FreakyBoy...have I ever told you you're my best friend?

No, seriously. Your av is great, your sense of humour is also great, and the fact that you may have freebies to hand out is even better!

I mean...uh...crap.

Basically: pick a book. Just one. But make it a core book, not one of the cheaper add-ons.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:03 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
Ask them for two things.

Make one of them an Xbox 360.

They'll appreciate the laugh.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat