Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I had a patch a few years ago where every event I hosted was like that so not I have a dated RSVP for every event. Facebook makes it a bit easier to organise too.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 am 
I visited a real life pirate cave yesterday. Man, I haven't done that since I was 11.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:38 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: nightflyer87
I had completely forgotten that Saturday was the day my front door was getting replaced. I have a new front door! It's fiberglass and forest green with a small window at the top, so much better than my previous door with the large, clear, glass oval in the middle. I will miss having solid wood, though. Then I spent about 4 hours at CareNow getting x-rays for my son's shoulder on Sunday and the rest of that day in the car driving around. It was a long and unproductive weekend...at least as far as what I did.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:54 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
It was going to be a whole lotta nothing, but the boy toy got kicked out by his stepmother so I'm going to be driving to another state and bringing him and his dog to stay with us until he either moves in with his mom or moves cross-country to live with the couple he's dating.

Also today I went to a reading of the entire gospel of Mark in one sitting and then ate gluten-free tabbouleh.

Also also I found out accidentally missing a few days of my antidepressants cause massive dizziness!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:54 pm 
I did a whole lot is nothing this weekend except play Epic Mickey. My parents gave us their old Wii since they had bought a newer one. I've been feeling pretty sick the past 4 days, so it was nice to just relax for a weekend.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:06 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
I spent the entire last weekend cleaning up vomit. As I wrote on Facebook/G+:
AlternateTorg wrote:
So both kids are still throwing up, my wife's still sick, and who knows if I'll come down with it. Seriously, they should just hermetically seal our house inside a gigantic bag like in E.T. and stick a huge biohazard sign in front. They'll probably have to send in the Marines to tackle all the puke-soaked laundry. There will be blood and men will die. They will DIE.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:08 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
inspiration wrote:
It was going to be a whole lotta nothing, but the boy toy got kicked out by his stepmother so I'm going to be driving to another state and bringing him and his dog to stay with us until he either moves in with his mom or moves cross-country to live with the couple he's dating.

I can haz boy toy! And I can haz a very wonderful and giving husband who will let me bring another person and a dog into our tiny apartment, in spite of said husband being extremely introverted (needs hours and hours of alone time to function) and not a dog person, because he knows this kind of close tribal living makes me really happy.

Next weekend's project: figure out a way to arrange the bedroom so I'm not stepping on boy toy's face when I get ready for work in the morning.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:35 am 
This coming weekend I'm going to be looking into fixing up my Hyundai for good and replacing my Ford. That Ford is about dead. Come to find out the mechatronics unit (electrical component for the "special" transmission) is starting to short out. I've got the roll resistor bushing to push in and then it will be good to go. There's no reason for me to tell them about the little problems if I sell to a dealership and the tranny is good for at least a year if you aren't driving it too much.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:54 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Possibly cutting my hair. I don't know. I like my hair the length it is (almost to my shoulders, with a wavy perm) but I also want to have it short short. And I can't have both, obvs, so I keep vacillating on which one I want more.

It is 2013, where is my flying car and bionic pancreas and insta-grow hair

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:40 pm 
inspiration wrote:
It is 2013, where is my flying car and bionic pancreas and insta-grow hair

You have your hand held communicator, videoscreen and talking car, and you can even buy a flying remote controlled miniature spy rocket, so don't get too greedy.

inspiration wrote:
I can haz boy toy! And I can haz a very wonderful and giving husband who will let me bring another person and a dog into our tiny apartment, in spite of said husband being extremely introverted (needs hours and hours of alone time to function) and not a dog person, because he knows this kind of close tribal living makes me really happy.

I think I missed the most interesting part of this story. Is this polyamory in action?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:06 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
kitoba wrote:
inspiration wrote:

I think I missed the most interesting part of this story. Is this polyamory in action?

Yes! It's all happened fast, since the start of the year, and he's moving across the country in May, so it's not a long-term thing. But it's been so lovely, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:14 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
I get to be the Easter Bunny at work. With an egg hunt and everything. Sadly, the costume is a bit on the creepy side.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:29 pm 
I've never seen a non-creepy Easter Bunny costume. That one is better than most, though.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:00 am 
That's not a creepy Easter bunny. This is a creepy Easter bunny. [WARNING: creepy Easter bunny is probably NSFW]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:22 am 
Gah! I'm gonna be seeing that thing staring at me from the corner of my bedroom when I sleep. *shudder*

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat