Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject: September 11, 2001
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:56 am 
During our day let us Remember those who gave their lives in that Worst of days in our history. May they live in our hearts and minds forever, and may their Murderers Rot in Hell for the rest of time.

May The Creator Protect Us,

Brett P.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:01 am 
"On this day of remembrance, let us not kneel and pray for the dead, but activate for the living and rescue those about to die."

Post subject: yup
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:07 am 
amen...testify.

Okay, that'd just odd. Anyway, I agree.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:59 pm 
Point of clarification. Let us remember those who lost their lives on that day. There was nothing voluntary about it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:21 pm 
AOL: TonySopranoRival
Location: Above a convinience store (backwaterplanet.com anyone?)
Yes, we should mourn the lost, and be vigilant in preventing further tragedies remembering never to lose focus and get too absorbed by thoughts of vengeance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:32 pm 
There was nothing said about being voluntary or not. Their lives were given up but it wasn't voluntary, this much we know. Other Then Flight 93 that is, they knew what was happening and the chose to Die Fighting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:23 pm 
AOL: homeslice0326
I'm a little bit surprised about the low level of 9/11-related activity. I noticed memorials on the major news networks, but not much else. (Heck, we had a whole sermon on forgiveness on Sunday, and 9/11 was only mentioned in passing!) I guess we're all too busy, what with Hurricane Katrina. Did you guys do anything special?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:28 pm 
AOL: TonySopranoRival
Location: Above a convinience store (backwaterplanet.com anyone?)
Well, I didn't do anything special, but that's because I consider that kind of date-related ritual to be a little artificial. We all know that the events of 9/11/01 were tragic, we all know everything that's happened because of them. Giving them particular attention on a single day that happened to happen a whole number of revolutions of the sun after the original incident strikes me as...artificial.

But that's just me. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:05 pm 
BobTheSpirit wrote:
Well, I didn't do anything special, but that's because I consider that kind of date-related ritual to be a little artificial. We all know that the events of 9/11/01 were tragic, we all know everything that's happened because of them. Giving them particular attention on a single day that happened to happen a whole number of revolutions of the sun after the original incident strikes me as...artificial.

But that's just me. :)

I have to agree with you on that on.

But do remember, this also means you forfeit any birthday presents you may ever recieve. D:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:41 am 
We had a brief mention in Church as well. But considering that it had a lot less effect here (distance, really) I would have expected something more to happen in America...

(Why is it always September that these disasters happen?)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:46 pm 
I dont wont too get rude or something, but i think there are now more important things to worry about than wath happend four years ago. Yes it is tragic wath happend on that day, but now there are important probs than that. Look only to Orleands.

Ok, it maybe looks cold waht i say, but since this four years what happend? Two Wars later and i dont know how many deaths after the whol situation is at an point that doesnt look good.
I dont want to start a long discuation (even if i couldnt because i'm not so good at english) but when i think about the real problem i say that voilent cant be defeted by voilent. I understand that the dependant of 11.9.01, but i also understand the pain of a child thats father wher killed because a GI was to nervers.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat