Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:03 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: ThePoetMaelstorm
AOL: maelstorm666
I need some help, trying to help a friend of mine in australia and get him into the states, problems in wait(lives in an area far from any consulate) has been told he needs money to back his stay in the states or he'll be shipped right back to kangaroo land. Student visa is outa the question as it's to long of a stay.

Just any help on this matter would be appreciated... been bending my mind reading through pages of forms and laws >.> I need a break

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:16 am 
I'm sorry, I have no help to offer. I just need to ask; WHY? :kiki:

(You couldn't pay me to move to the USA, which, I'm sure, makes Americans happy.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:33 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I don't know the exact circumstances for an Australia-to-US move, but as someone who moved from the US to the UK, which I expect would be pretty similar, it seemed like the main ways to go about making a permanent or at least semi-permanent move were:

(1) student visa
(2) finding a job with a company that's willing to sponsor a work visa for you ahead of time
(3) being the fiance(e) or spouse of someone who's currently in residence or already has acquired their student or work visa

Sadly, it isn't very easy to move just because you feel like it. You basically have to prove that you're not going to be a drain on the country you're moving to. Can you give us any more information about the situation?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:38 am 
Location: We are number one! All others are number two or lower.
I've been researching this, and I've found the easiest way to move State Side is to become a nanny. The job is a steaming pile of suck, but you have a place to stay for at least 6 months, a steady pay check, and a nanny agency willing to sponsore your work visa before you even leave Australia.

As long as you choose the right agency, the only requirements are a drivers license and some start up cash, which I assume is already available to facilitate the move.

Of course, then he has to spend many months pandering to the whims of someone only 2' high.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:03 am 
If you go the nanny route, never, ever ever nanny for a diplomat. Those guys are jerks. They know American laws don't apply to them, including minimum wage laws, so they always underpay theirs.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:18 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: ThePoetMaelstorm
AOL: maelstorm666
Thanks for some help... as per reasoning, to help my friend, get his boyfriend state side... I'm calling the USCIS tommmorrow(stupid holidays) again thanks for the insight it's appreciated

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat