Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject: Moron sightings
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:02 pm 
AOL: TonySopranoRival
Location: Above a convinience store (backwaterplanet.com anyone?)
I have a moron sighting to report. Tuesday the 30th, at about 3:45 PM.

I was walking toward my house from a bus stop and an Asian person pulled over to ask me for directions. Then, this other guy stopped behind him and starts yelling... "ARE YOU KIDDING? TAKING UP THE WHOLE STREET! WHAT IF A FIRETRUCK COMES THE OTHER WAY?!" Then the Asian person pulled over more to make room. As the guy is driving buy he yells "GO BACK TO CHINA!"

Now...I'm not sure what specific nationality the Asian person was....but I'm not sure he was even Chinese...and the moron wasn't either. I didn't know there were people like that here in Massachusetts.

Does anybody else have any moron sightings to report?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:38 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
I live in Palm Beach County, Florida. Do I need to elaborate on the stupidity I dwell in?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:44 pm 
drummer_dude wrote:
I live in Palm Beach County, Florida. Do I need to elaborate on the stupidity I dwell in?

Well, if you're constantly surrounded by morons, only use this thread for the morons who make the other morons look brilliant by comparison.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:50 pm 
Moron sighting, no, but I do have this one for the inexplicable:

I was on the bus, on the way to work and we stopped to pick up some people. The last person to get on is dressed rather unusually.

He is wearing a plastic bag from a grocery store for a shirt. The bottom had been ripped out of the bag, forming a crude tank top. More interestingly, the plastic runners that connect a large number of these bags together before groceries are put in them was still attached and dangling from the front of his improvised shirt.

Beneath this were full length blue sweat pants and sandals. This constituted his wardrobe for the day. I know this because as he was arguing with the bus driver, he bent over slightly and the pants threatened to abandon his form and head south (presumably out of contact embarrassment). The entire bus was briefly treated to more cleavage than displayed in the average Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition photograph.

The bus driver took one look at him and declared his attire unfit for even the lax standards of Tucson public transportation. He in turn argued that it was sufficient as, "at least it covers my ..." He gestured to his chest and seemed to indicate that the plastic bag should be considered acceptable as his nipples were covered. We will not debate, nor will we allow our minds to linger, on the prospects of the transparency of such a fabric.

As he had a dollar and the bus was already a few minutes late, the bus driver relented and the man boarded the bus. He sat, perched on the first seat behind the bus driver, and accompanied us a half mile down the road before departing. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and surmise this represented a viciously cruel laundry day. Though I will point out that there was a Goodwill not a mile from his boarding location that would have happily sold him a shirt for the same price as his half mile bus ride.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:30 am 
AOL: Ivy+Sindel
I come across a moron or two in at my work. I work at a bookstore that specializes in latino literature, so we have authors from Mexico all the way to the very tip of South America. Anyway, we have the store organized by type of book (Childrens in english, spanish, bilingual, adult in the same way) and then in alphabetical order.

Well one day a man and his wife come in and I go out to greet them as I'm suppose to do and offer to help them if they are serching for anything particular. Well the man asks where the area by Argentinian authors is. Well I had never seen him in the store, so it was understandable that he wasn't aware of the lay our of our store, so I kindly told him that we didn't have an Argentinian section and showed him the lay out of the store.

After I'm done, I ask him if there is anything else I could help him with and he says yes and asks where the section of the Argentinian authors is. I stare at him for a minute and tell him again, I mean, maybe he didn't hear me the first time. Well he actually asks me like three more times in a row. By this time I was ready to yell at the guy because he honestly didn't seem to understand me. As I was about to state for the last time we didn't have an Argentinian section, his wife comes next to him and tell him that there isn't any and apologizes to me and says thank. I walk off at that point , fearing he would ask again.

I don't, maybe he was mentally challange, but I doubt it since him and his wief continued to have a rather intelectual conversation about different hispanic authors afterwards, before leaving the store.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:44 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
AOL: Ahava+Ramier
I work for 411.

The amount of moronic/stupid/ignorant/painful people I talk to in a day is just... mind-blowing.

Like the gentleman that I got tonight who called from somewhere in Washington state. Please, allow me

Caller (C):I need an autozone in Lakewood, Wa.
Operator (O): I show one on Southwest Freeway.
C: no. How about a Schucks.
O: I show one on Southwest Freeway.
C: Nah. How about a Ponders.
O: I show one on Southwest Freeway. Right next to the Autozone and the Schucks.
C: Yeah. that one. that's the Schucks, right?
O: No, that's the Ponders.
C: Where is it?
O: in Lakewood, WA, on Southwest Freeway.
C: That's the Schucks, right?
O: No, sir. It's the Ponders. You said you didn't want the Schucks.
C: Ok, give it to me. that's the Schucks right?
O: Sir, this is the number for the Ponders that is next to the Schucks, which I offerend to you and you declined. It is also next to the Autozone which was also offered and declined.
C: Yeah. Gimme dat one. The Schucks, right?
O: Yessir. Please hold for the Schucks.
C: I don't want that. I want the Ponders.
O: Yessir. Thank you.

That guy, and the one that called the other day looking for the lobby at the WTC in NYC. Are just a few of my nightmares that I have daily....

Yes, I've had moron sightings... constantly.

Post subject: Re: Moron sightings
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:07 am 
BobTheSpirit wrote:
Now...I'm not sure what specific nationality the Asian person was....but I'm not sure he was even Chinese...and the moron wasn't either. I didn't know there were people like that here in Massachusetts.

Yes, yes there are, and I have personally encountered quite a few of them. Once I was (I suppose rather foolishly) trying to help a pigeon that had become entangled in silly string courtesy of stupid teenage boys, but to do that I had to first catch it. I spent a few minutes chasing the hapless thing around the park trying to throw my jacket over it. Some bums accused me of wanting to eat it. Because I couldn't have just walked into a Chinatown store and bought one pre-dead, if I'd had a hankering for rat-with-wings.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:38 am 
AOL: sugarraygross
Heh, I can just look in the mirror.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:14 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Moron sightings? Well there was one instance in a book store. I was reading a book, and had my sunglasses on. This girl comes up to me, and the conersation goes as follows.

Girl: Are you blind?
Me: Huh?
Girl: Well you're wearing sunglasses inside. Only blind people do that.
Me: Why would a blind person be in a book store?
Girl: Maybe you're looking for an audio-book.
Me: Let me rephrase that. Would a blind person be reading a book?!
Girl: Is it a brail book?
Me: Gah!

At the point I got up and left. Maybe I was too ambigous for her, but come on! It's only common sense that a blind person wouldn't be reading a book!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:58 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Sometimes you just get that blind guy look going with certain sunglasses. Old pair I had made people thinking I was blind whenever I would just sit down and stare off into spare... which I do whenever I happen to not have a book or a computer handy.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:08 pm 
Some friends of mine did a jackass site, pretty stupid, the only hilarious part was when my friend matt ran in the middle of a football field during a game (we lost, which is normal) in nothing but a jockstrap and a snowmask, he ran right past the vice principal.

Plus he's a bit portly, that's a great site to see, a fat kid running across a field in -10 C weather to the song "lollypop" by dolly parton.

The sites down, otherwise I'd send this jem here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:10 pm 
Ivy Sindel wrote:
I come across a moron or two in at my work. I work at a bookstore that specializes in latino literature, so we have authors from Mexico all the way to the very tip of South America. Anyway, we have the store organized by type of book (Childrens in english, spanish, bilingual, adult in the same way) and then in alphabetical order.

Well one day a man and his wife come in and I go out to greet them as I'm suppose to do and offer to help them if they are serching for anything particular. Well the man asks where the area by Argentinian authors is. Well I had never seen him in the store, so it was understandable that he wasn't aware of the lay our of our store, so I kindly told him that we didn't have an Argentinian section and showed him the lay out of the store.

After I'm done, I ask him if there is anything else I could help him with and he says yes and asks where the section of the Argentinian authors is. I stare at him for a minute and tell him again, I mean, maybe he didn't hear me the first time. Well he actually asks me like three more times in a row. By this time I was ready to yell at the guy because he honestly didn't seem to understand me. As I was about to state for the last time we didn't have an Argentinian section, his wife comes next to him and tell him that there isn't any and apologizes to me and says thank. I walk off at that point , fearing he would ask again.

I don't, maybe he was mentally challange, but I doubt it since him and his wief continued to have a rather intelectual conversation about different hispanic authors afterwards, before leaving the store.

Hmm...that sounds Alzheimers-esque actually...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:36 pm 
AOL: Cullambiel
Screencapped in the GAIA Online General Discussion Forum

:gwynn:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:58 pm 
AOL: Surgoshan
Plangkye, that's great!

The other day I was riding my bike home from work to eat dinner before coming back and teaching an evening lab. I'm crossing with the signal at a busy intersection and, as I'm crossing the street, a couple of guys step off the curb into the bike lane to cross the street (against the signal, in front of oncoming traffic). As I swerve around them, one says, "Whoah, colonel!" as if surprised that I wouldn't stop and wait for them to get run over before continuing on my merry way.

Although, the way students at this school treat traffic rules, I'm surprised there aren't deaths all over the place. Dumb, unobservant pedestrians and dumb, unobservant drivers, all with the attitude that theirs is the right of way, regardless.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:14 pm 
AOL: Attackrat00
Plangkye wrote:

Pure distilled awesomeness. :kiki:

I worked at a summer camp this year, and led a number of multi-day trips off into the wilderness. One of our trips saw us stopping at an outpost for some last-minute camping supplies. This was your usual catch-all rural store: part outfitter, part grocery, part novelty store.

Well, one of the novelties was a can of "Dehydrated Water." And Lord help him, one of my boys (keep in mind, this kid is 12 years old and should bloody well know better) picked up the can, examined it minutely, turned to me with wide eyes and said "How does this stuff work?! This is so cool!"

*facepalm*

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat