Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject: Violence is bad!
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:53 pm 
How violent are you? Have you ever gotten into fistfights? Would you hit someone if you were really angry at them? What would they have to do to get you to? Or do you attack inanimate objects? Or throw stuff?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:05 pm 
AOL: Cullambiel
I am only defenively violent. I'm not very strong, though.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:29 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: marauderpilot
Over the course of my life, I've gotten into, maybe, two fights. And those were years ago. I'm not a physically violent person. Granted, there have been PLENTY of times where I'd like to just haul off and hit a person, but I've got enough self-control not to. Plus, violent video games are great ways to relieve those tendacies.

If I did get angry at someone, I would probably hit them. However, it would only be as a 'get the f**k together!' hit. I'd only fight somebody if they either attacked me, or stole something from me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:51 pm 
AOL: AxelFendersson
I was quite small as a kid and I've never been particularly strong, so I was always inclined to avoid fights where I could, although I did get into the occasional scuffle (Having done some Judo helped on such occasions. It's a shame I've forgotten pretty much all of it now). I've never started a fight with anyone, though, and I haven't been involved any kind of physical violence since my mid-teens.

I'm also far too lazy to be bothered with the effort involved in being physically violent.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:18 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
I avoid fights at all costs, even to the point of attempting to run away if possible. Not because I'm a coward, but because there is no point in fighting a person who is just looking for a fight or an easy mark.

Especially when you are a black belt who knows all too many ways to seriously injure or kill that person.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:02 pm 
Are you guys counting fights with siblings? My brother and I used to slap each other stupid all the time when we were kids.

I tend to think of myself as a violent person, but I've never actually gotten into a fight with anyone besides my brother who attempted to hit back. Mostly, I punch walls when I'm angry with myself. I think that's when I have the least self-control. I'm pretty vicious while roughhousing (I will kick in the shins), and once I tried to kick my boyfriend's ass (because that time he really deserved it). But I'm such a klutz with skinny arms, I'd be totally useless in a real fight. Most of the time I'd miss. Plus I'm 5'3" and somewhere around 107 pounds.

I think the only time I'd ever hit a stranger is if somebody tried to feel me up. Or if my life was threatened and I couldn't run away.

Last edited by Passiflora on Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:05 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
I admit I'm temperamental and sometimes confrontational, but I'm pretty nonviolent for one very good reason:

I'm 5'1, 116 lb, and have no muscle mass. I would DIE if I were to get into a physical confrontation.

Screaming arguments, on the other hand...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:10 pm 
I'm not a violent person.
And yet my avitar is a man who killed around 80 people....what's up with that?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:07 pm 
Last time i fought was back in school. I did not fight particulary often there either. I practically never started a fight and also was rather hard to provoke.
When i fought i did break any codes of honour that were there however.

I found fights mostly frustrating, you spend lots of effort and basically get nothing for it.

I don't expect to ever fight again. There is an offchance that i get into a self defence situation or into something that is not strictly a self defence situation like chasing and catching a pickpocket, if adrenaline overrides prudence.

Should that happen i'd try my best to injure and maim my opponent. Basically i am the opinion that if the "disagreement" is not worth inflicting serious injuries, its not worth fighting for.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:56 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
AOL: Ahava+Ramier
Never been in a fight.. though there have been times where I've seriously considered doing some nasty things like dumping boiling water on some people or a person specifically....

I can be very nasty verbally, but.. that's not physical violence. But man, the urges to just throw people out of a window is there everyday...

damn my self-control.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:57 pm 
AOL: TonySopranoRival
Location: Above a convinience store (backwaterplanet.com anyone?)
Hmm...I'm not violent, but I wouldn't shy away from defending myself. I'm not the kind of guy who'd take an assault and not fight back. I did hit a kid once when I was 12...not that hard though, and for a decent reason..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:27 pm 
AOL: Surgoshan
Never been in a fight. Usually I avoid them, and the people who don't avoid them tend to find someone smaller than me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:30 pm 
I'm not a violent person, the last fight I was in was in early junior high. But I think if I was provoked enough I might lose it, snap so to speak.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:48 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
Beating on a drum set releaves stress. But if someone is insulting my friends, I have no problem getting in their face. Luckily, by being over 6 feet tall, very few people actually confront me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:27 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Strange... I've never (luckily) had anyone come at me as if they truly wanted a fight. Or really even act as if they wanted a fight.

I dunno, maybe I'm just the kinda guy that no one naturally decides to try to pick on.

Helps that I don't drink.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat