Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:11 pm 
I've only been in a few fights before. (Not counting the one with my short lived Fight Club.) and i generally rely on avoidance. I'm 5'9" and skinny and fast, but i swim so i pack a wolup. In say an angry enemy makes mistakes, so piss them offf as much as you can

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:32 am 
AOL: Anaea+the+Blue
I tend to fight a bit better when irked. Very often I over thing what I'm doing, trying to focus in doing eight things correctly at once. When irked I'm so focused on beating the snot out of something that I leave everything to the reflexes and habits I've built and just beat the snot out of it. Much more effective.

Granted, there's a difference between irked and super angry, so I see your point. Just want to warn folks about accidentally focusing an opponet.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:56 pm 
I used to fight all teh time in Middle school and less in high school. By the time I graduated all my fighting days were behind me. I have even run from a mugging when I was 20 in San Diego.

Now days, I'm 30 now, I am not as social as I used to be so I don't get in to situations where I would find a need to fight. As for personal relationships, instead of stiking out when I am angry with friends I retreat.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:16 pm 
AOL: cheesebox9
I took karate from age 10-16 so of course we sparred a lot and I learned how to take a punch, and how to defend myself. Sparring at higher levels we were expected to hit hard, and I would often apologize after any hits that seemed like they could've hurt (that really annoyed people!) I've sparred a lot with friends since then, just because they can't believe that a nice little girl like me is a second-degree black belt. I've never hurt anyone using my training outside of class (although I often hit/kick people accidentally because I am so dang clumsy). So, hypothetically I have the capacity for violence but it's just not in me to hurt people intentionally. I am honestly concerned that I wouldn't be able to even if I needed to...

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat