Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:33 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Family not acting like family. My brother gets evicted, he and his so get to live with our parents for over a year. I get evicted end up staying with the hubby's grandma. Now she has to move, doesn't want us coming with her, and my parents (who have a 4000 square foot house for the two of them) won't let us come up even for a week or two. Then, my brother who had said last week we could stay with him for a week or two renigs on his promise last minute. So, thats my week in a nutshell.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:05 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Zillatain wrote:
drachefly wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
The history wouldn't go back far enough and I'd already saved the file after the screw up.
I take it you're not on a mac. That would be readily reversed, with the native automatic file versioning.
True, I'm on Windows. But even if I was on a Mac, I doubt it would do much good. What I've seen is their file versioning is only for documents.

But I thought I was misremembering, so I did a more extensive search, and all I could every find is that everybody talking about it referred to it versioning "documents". Nothing about any other file types. I may be mistaken but I haven't been able to find anything.

Any old file is a document if the application that edited it asks the OS to treat it as a 'document' in that sense. Many do, since it's not hard to arrange.

Also, if you got lucky and Time Machine did an incremental backup between, then you're covered that way too.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:42 pm 
I'm currently annoyed that this is the only thread that ever gets updated anymore...

Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:10 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
The bonfire burned down before the hot dogs could finish thawing. Also, what kitoba said. Wish this forum was more lively with friends both past and present.

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:20 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Probably everything I'm about to say is not going to make much sense to most people, but this is annoying/confusing me.

The company Double Fine finally released Act 2 of the game Broken Age. The backers of the kickstarter for this were promised keys for a Steam version and a DRM-free version of the game. Which we did get. Also apparently an OUYA key as well...that I don't remember being promised...

Some of the backers are pissed at Double Fine because their DRM-free version is not from GOG, but from Humble Bundle instead. Both versions are exactly the same.

I understand --don't share it though-- the pathological hatred that some GOG people have towards Steam because of the DRM, which they also direct at developers who won't put out a DRM-free version of their game. Double Fine gave them a DRM-free version, and the backers act as if they the company is evil now since they didn't give all the backers a GOG key as well. Some act as if Double Fine lied to them, since DRM-free can only equal GOG in their minds.

"Yea! The game will be DRM-free and I won't have use Steam's DRM." ...years later and the game is finished... "Wait, where's my GOG key? You lying bastards! I'll never kickstart anything from you again!"

I know... I should just ignore them and play the game, right?

So... Steam or Humble Bundle? Hmmm...

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:40 pm 
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Went to the Rockies-Diamondbacks game yesterday. We got there around 530 for a 640 game. It was sprinkling. The scoreboard said weather delay, so we waited. And waited. And waited. Finally around 8, we got frustrated and left. They didn't officially call the game till 915. So yeah, took the day off, spent money I didn't need to spend and got really wet for no freaking reason. Grrrrrrr.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:59 pm 
My watchband's buckle broke on me.

Also I'm more broke than usual after getting a new part for my computer to fix the old one failing unexpectedly.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:57 pm 
I have to drive through Denver again on Sunday, I freaking hate that city. So much congestion, construction, and idiots on the road. Actually, let me amend that statement, I hate going through cities period, especially when the toll road bypasses are all closed for even more construction.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:40 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Woke up in the middle of having lasers being shot into the inside of my heart to burn away some troublesome nerves. Felt like molten lead was being poured into my chest and being distributed throughout my whole body O.o

It hurt, slightly.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 pm 
My (former) aunt's viciously bigoted Facebook post this afternoon. I suppose she's from South Carolina and entitled to her opinion, but why for the love of all that is holy would you post a nasty anti-gay marriage picture today of all days when you HAVE A GAY DAUGHTER WHO YOU CLAIM TO LOVE. My heart broke for my cousin and her wife. Grrrrrrr

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:07 am 
Solara Hanover wrote:
My (former) aunt's viciously bigoted Facebook post this afternoon. I suppose she's from South Carolina and entitled to her opinion, but why for the love of all that is holy would you post a nasty anti-gay marriage picture today of all days when you HAVE A GAY DAUGHTER WHO YOU CLAIM TO LOVE. My heart broke for my cousin and her wife. Grrrrrrr

Not knowing the exact anti gay statement and any prehistory, there could be a "family loyality trumps politics, but i still stick to my politics" thing. Basically it comes down to how thoose 2 (or 3) usually handle having differing opinions on that matter.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:37 pm 
With everything else that is going on, now the HD television in living room has decided to go on the fritz. No picture, just sound. If it stays off for a while, it may start up with picture, but eventually it goes out.

It did something like this a year ago but it went away. This time it is being much more stubborn, and looking more permanent.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:25 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
The other day a co-worker figured out how to reproduce a bug I'd been trying to track down since the day before. >.<

Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:59 am 
I'm back at work after three months on disability.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:11 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I think something is wrong with me. I've been getting angrier and angrier lately. Would love to see a doctor or psychologist or SOMEONE about it but I'm not sure I can justify the expense considering the medical bills from my heart procedure left a sizable dent in the entire family's wallet.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat