Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ] 

Post subject: Pet Peeves UNLEASHED!
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:33 am 
AOL: da drumber
Location: Probably drunk somewhere. Likely in Northern Virginia or somewhere nearby.
Please just remember that we're not in POOP...

Open drawers that I ALWAYS close when I walk past
People leaving time on the microwave
Some jackass trying to start a thread that will be mostly ignored
People who go too slow in the left lane
Those who complain about the weather any time it's not 77 degrees and sunny
Anyone who owns a Hummer, of Navigator, or Escalade, or etc...
Every person who lives where my youthful explorations used to be
Any and every person who wants to pave and widen my road
The debris that are blocking the awesome man made railroad waterfall by my road
Willful ignorance
People who don't realize that they should have stopped talking hours ago and just gone to bed

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:41 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Location: What a lovely pair of tropical Sulidae you've got there.
Funky Honky wrote:
The debris that [s]are[/s] is blocking the awesome man made railroad waterfall by my road

Pet Peeve.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:51 am 
Location: Probably drunk somewhere. Likely in Northern Virginia or somewhere nearby.
angrysunbird wrote:
Funky Honky wrote:
The debris that [s]are[/s] is blocking the awesome man made railroad waterfall by my road

Pet Peeve.

Wow, I thought it would take a bit longer for this to dissected. Carry on...

People who are intentionally androgynous. I can understand it, but seeing a teenage guy in capris pants is just confusing...

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Quote:
People leaving time on the microwave.

Oh yeah. Especially when you actually use the microwave as a clock as well.

Things that annoy me...

People leaving the TV turned on.
People who ask you, repeatedly, to come dance, or go to a party, or go to a bar, after you have, repeatedly, said no.
People trying to exert any form of peer pressure or blackmail to get you to do something. Best way to -not- get me to go.
People who do not flush the toilet.
Anything hanging down that is not hanging down straight. (I don't know why, it just bugs me if a painting or something is crooked).
People who ask you what you are reading, when you are reading. ('A book', is usually my answer)
People who eat with their mouth open. (I actually find this physically nauseating - less a pet peeve and more it literally makes me sick)
People who come to class or parties when they are obviously, contagiously, sick.
People who think that anyone single is obviously unhappy and lonely.
People who have their stereo systems thumping at 1 am+ in the morning.
People who wake me up when I am not ready to be woken up. (Grumpy? Ohhhh yeah)

I guess I tend to be a bit peevish. That's not even the full list, just things off the top of my head.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:55 am 
Wasted food. Must... lick... plate... CLEAN!

Losing socks to the sock goblins living in the laundry room.

Potting soil in the shower.

People who can't handle reasonable amounts of noise. Kea used to have a roommate who yelled at her for using the microwave while she was sleeping and she'd glare at me whenever I walked down the creaky stairs. And the guy below us right now has been complaining about my TV habits. It's a laptop at half volume, it's not even that loud!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:47 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
People who ask me what I'm reading. (I'm with Ruan on this.)
People who ask me what I'm writing. (I tend to write while I'm on the bus. It gives me something to do, since I get motion sick if I read very much.)
People who insist on striking up a conversation with a complete stranger (i.e., me). Usually pushing their favorite religion, conspiracy theory, or political agenda. Sometimes all three.
People who turn on the TV and then leave the room. (I had a roommate who did this. He'd get home, turn on the TV, then retreat to his room until it was time for supper.)

--tll

Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:21 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
+1 for leaving time on the microwave.

People who call me looking for someone I don't know, insisting that they got the number right, even in the face of the irrefutable evidence that they are speaking to total stranger. Then, when you finally convince them that the person they are seeking is not found at this number, they hang up, only to call again a few seconds later.

People who use the word "literally" when they are speaking figuratively. That one "literally" grates my cheese.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:29 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Some of these may not make any sense...

Vehemently hating/loving a movie even though it has not yet been released to the critics nor to the public.
Opening the water tap to maximum and leaving it on the entire time to clean "something" when only a small fraction of water is needed.
Humans who say a book needs to be banned since it "harms the children"/is immoral/etc., when they have never read any part of the book.
Nobody wanting to help when you need to anonymously bury "something" large and heavy in a remote part of the forest/desert.
Stating that "something" is taking to long to complete, when they have never done it themselves, seen anyone else do it before, nor known of anyone who has done it before.
Parents who think if a movie/show is animated that it is only for, and safe for children to watch. "Sure little Stevie, I'll get Hardcore Hentai Snuff Robo-Massacre 3 for you. It's animated..."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:48 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: AxelFendersson
Use of the word 'alternate' to mean 'alternative'. That one drives me up the wall.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:29 pm 
AxelFendersson wrote:
Use of the word 'alternate' to mean 'alternative'. That one drives me up the wall.

As a matter of fact, thanks to my job the alternate is the case (no pun intended). They say (Alternative Version) to mean (Alternate Version). I get so irritated that I have to change it to (Alternate). If you use Verizon MoD, you've probably seen some of my handiwork...

Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:33 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
I hate "courteous" drivers that don't consider all the people behind and around them when stopping to be "courteous".

I also hate people that yield for jaywalking jerks (like me). There's a reason I'm waiting on the edge of the street!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:23 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Humans who say a book needs to be banned since it "harms the children"/is immoral/etc., when they have never read any part of the book.

Not quite books, but I used to work in a video store. We had a regular customer who was a Catholic priest. He'd rent anything the Catholic church spoke out against, so he could make reasoned arguments about it. I overheard him arguing with a woman about Harry Potter once. He was in favor of showing kids the movie, and said the church was wrong on that one.

Back on topic...

Anyone saying that because I don't like a work (movie, book, album, whatever...), I don't understand it. I can understand what the artist was trying to say, I may even agree with it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to like the work itself. Liking something is a matter of taste, not comprehension.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:48 am 
AlternateTorg wrote:
People who call me looking for someone I don't know, insisting that they got the number right, even in the face of the irrefutable evidence that they are speaking to total stranger. Then, when you finally convince them that the person they are seeking is not found at this number, they hang up, only to call again a few seconds later.

People who just hang up without saying anything when a voice they don't recognise answers the phone, or who hang up without saying anything when you accidentally call them by mistake. The same for people who make no attempt to communicate when someone answers the phone in the wrong language. 'Do you speak Russian?' is appropriate. Hanging up and calling back half an hour later in the hope someone else will answer isn't.

Incidentally, I really don't understand how so many of you can bring yourselves to care about the microwave thing.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:47 am 
I hate when random strangers tell me to smile, when shop assistants stalk me because they think that will make me buy something, and when people monopolize the pole on a crowded bus or train by leaning their entire bodies against it.

I don't care about microwaves.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:26 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
In my defense, I've leaned my entire back against the pole because I've been in a crowd where a guy not only spent a good amount of time rubbing his business against my back, but then proceeded to put his hands under my shirt. There are days where my choices are monopolize the pole or have a panic attack.

But yeah, I can totally see how that would be annoying.

The above reason is why stalkery salespeople really annoy me. TC1 and I were in a furniture store once... let's just say, if you want to make a nice commission on a couch? Don't act like a creepy rapist.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat