Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:02 am 
Big Annoyance (to me): People who pronounce the word nucular. It's NUCLEAR darn it. NEW-CLEE-AR!! ONE U, not 2!!

Little pleasure: Coming back in the house after shoveling snow and drinking a nice cup of hot cocao. It not only warms the insides, but it warms my hands back up. A wonderful feeling!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Local cable company is going to change over to 100% digital transmission soon. Will need a receiver for each TV to see any channels now. Have one already but would be nice to have another for at least one more TV. They have a deal where you can get another one free for 12 months. The change over date is coming up, so I finally got around to order the "Easy to Install" self installation kit. Showed up in a couple of days.

Today I got around to hooking it up. Just have to active it. They say you can do that by using their app or calling a number. App sounds easier, so I bring it up on my phone and I can not find anything in the app for doing that. It even specifically says to got to the "Troubleshooting" section of the menu...which does not exist! So I call the automated number instead. It verifies that I have everything up and running by pressing 1 usually. Okay it sends the code and waits for me to press 1 when a picture appears which should be within a minute or so.

A few minutes later and nothing has changed. It comes back on and says, "Your activation appears to be taking longer than usual. It may take up to 60 minutes for it to activate." Then it hangs up. I know enough about how these type of systems work, that if it hadn't activated in the time it was supposed to, 60 more minutes is not going to make any difference.

An hour and a half later, I call the number again. Go through the rigamarole to have it send the code again. Maybe it will work this time. Instead it will not send it again since it has already been activated. So it asks if I am having any problems with the activation. I press 1 for yes, and then it says, "Please hold."

I'm more than a little annoyed with this so called "Easy to Install" kit by this point, so I just hang up.

Been putting it off, but now I have to use it. Set it up and does the exact same thing (as expected). I do hold this time. Go through everything, she says the connection is good, try some other things, but nope. A Tech will be coming out to look at it in a couple of days.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat