Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Yes! Spam Satan!
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 am 
I remember visiting the sluggy website on the day Pete posted the comic that recapped the Val/Sam/Torg love triangle and then, all of a WTF - Vampires! I'd already been reading for a while.

I haven't done anything on the forum for two (I think?) iterations of the website, which is a lot of years, but I really want to post in the Reactions board to tell Pete how excellent today's strip is.

PS: Am I the first person to point out the irony in having trouble with spammers on a site that started with an episode about spamming Satan?

Post subject: Re: Yes! Spam Satan!
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum jamesdwitmer!

Hmm... Are you the first to point out the spam Satan and the spammers of this site? Well...I think so actually. Can't remember anyone else pointing that out. Just remember that spamming Satan is good, and spamming Sluggy is evil.

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions