Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Hello Sluggy Community
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:00 pm 
I'm just here to ask a simple question, and since I'm not even sure where I would ask it, might as well ask here here and hopefully it gets an answer. I'm not going to try to make a reference to a specific part of the comic, because honestly it's been a long time since I've read the comic, but maybe this will be satisfactory.

As I mentioned, I have not read Sluggy in a long time, I think the last time was maybe 2012, or a little earlier. I would love to re-read Sluggy from the beginning, and now that I'm older I would like to support Pete as well for all his hard work. I would prefer to read Sluggy offline, but the store is currently down. There's a third party vendor option, but they don't have all the books and it occurred to me that Sluggy probably receives less of the money through the retailer (although it may be an insignificant amount).

Do the books sell for the same amount in the Sluggy Store? Does the Sluggy Store have all of them? Is there any option to buy digital copies of the books instead of printed copies? If the only option for offline reading is printed copies, is there a significant difference in profit that Sluggy receives per book if I buy them through the store or the vendor? (Is it worth waiting for the store to come back?)

Thanks for your time dealing with these questions, sorry if I missed something obvious.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:09 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to forum bencojo! Your post was more than sufficient to prove you are human (or some other sapient creature). As for all of your questions and I'll try to answer them as well as I can.

I do know that Pete does get less money when you get the books through IndyPlanet instead of the Sluggy Store. He never stated how much of a difference it is, but he also doesn't have to store hundreds of copies of each book nor worry about them going out of print. They do sell for the same amount in both locations.

At this time, MegaTome 1 & 2 and book 9 can only be purchased through the Sluggy Store. As for the others, he may or may not have some in the store. Usually he doesn't have that many copies of ones that are also being sold on IndyPlanet. So if you want to start at the beginning you will have to wait for the store to reopen. I suspect that will occur sometime this month. That's just my feeling though.

I think digital copies would be nice, but I don't know what Pete thinks about it. Maybe someday he might.

Hopefully that answered most of what you were wondering. Now for my boiler-plate...

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:41 am 
So what do I do
After I write this Haiku
To get something new?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:31 pm 
You wait over there
I go and find you a gift
Then give it to you

Well that was fast. I give you the gift of a ten pack of Flat Lights™ by Emca! It's just like a regular flashlight but it only exists in two dimensions except it gives off three dimensional light. You can store them anywhere and they are guaranteed to never run out of power*. They are great for any situation, but due to the 2D nature of the Flat Light™ some minor amputations or decapitations may occur if not held firmly if used in windy situations.

Hope you enjoy!

*Unlimited power guaranty is only applicable if current users soul has not previously been sold to the Devil, Google, Apple, or any other soul brokerage firm, willingly or unwillingly.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:00 pm 
Out if a general lack of patience, I have begun reading the comics online. Is there a way to actually go to my bookmark? I feel like I must be missing something obvious here.

Thanks!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:39 pm 
To see your bookmark(s), click on your profile. Which is your username shown in the upper right. Any bookmarks you are using will have a link next to them.

The bookmarks are nice, but I do wish you didn't have to deselect one that is in use before it will let you use it again.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:32 pm 
Ah I see my confusion now, I was clicking to remove my bookmark right after placing it. I had been using the mobile version and was under the impression the bookmark was popping up for me to confirm. But I see now how to properly use the bookmark, thank you!

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions