Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:45 pm 
In the summer of 2017, a friend of mine had been going on and on about an online web-comic called Sluggy Freelance. She was so excited about the current story-line that I had to give it a look. Well, after binge reading over 20 years of content (mostly at work, which brought my productivity down a bit- but WELL WORTH IT!) I am hooked! Thank you Pete for such a well-devised comic that constantly keeps me on the edge of my seat.

I would love to see an alternate reality where Torg is President (regardless of how you feel about the current political climate) but can't decide if his running mate should be Riff, Zoe or Bun-Bun.
:torg: / :riff: :torg: / :zoe: :torg: / :bunbun:

Keep up the great work Pete and Co.!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:08 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum Torg4President!

Nice to see that the Sluggy virus is still out there and infecting people.

As for Torg's running mate...I'm not sure any of those would be the best choice. Zoe would be First Lady, Riff would be in danger of accidentally blowing up the White House, and Bun-Bun would require never ending Presidential pardons.

I might lean more toward Izzy instead.

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and campaign for Torg, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:34 pm 
Maybe :oasis: ?

It would also make security cheaper since she isn't the type who'd require Secret Service protection.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions