Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Obligatory Intro Post
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:02 am 
Not a spammer, but if I were I would spam Satan:
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 1997-08-25

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum Nameis!

That is a very short intro, but good enough...or was it? Let's ask Satan!

Yo, Satan!

"Whaaa you want? I'm sleeping..."

Satan, do you like spam? And is Nameis really not a spammer?

"What are you blabbering about? I don't eat meat, remember? I'm on a strict soularian diet. So no, I do not like spam... Who in the heaven is Nameis?"

That appears to answer things to my satisfaction!

"Leave me alone before I decide to eat you soul for breakfast."

But I don't have a soul.

"... Wait, I know who this is. How do you keep calling me?! This number is unlisted and changed every two-"

Would you look at that, Satan went and hung-up on me...

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:25 am 
Thanks! Sadly don't have time to be too active; just created the account to provide Pete with feedback about how he can claim more $ from my wallet...but perhaps the mods would have the answers I seek...

I must own all the books. There are two MegaTomes (1-3, 4-6). Will there be more MegaTomes or should I start buying 7-17 individually? Is there plans for a MegaMegaTome? How do I best own in print everything Pete has created?

I don't want to bug Pete with PMs if the answers are already out there and he's busy enough.

Thanks!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:53 am 
Will there be more MegaTomes? No, there will not be anymore of those.

The MTs came about because of various reasons. One of the most obvious, the first six books were all out of print at the time. Then compared to everything from 7 onward, they were completely different in layout, quality, and length. One major thing you notice right away is the color, or lack of it in the early books. Nearly everything is in black and white. Also Pete has said that some artwork had to be omitted. If you want anymore more info on the exact differences just let me know.

The MTs came out to fix all of those problems. That's the primary reason. There rest of the books don't have those problems.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:51 am 
So I should buy MT 1 & 2, then each other book individually as long as Pete cranks them out - correct?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:16 am 
MT 1 & 2 most definitely.

As for the rest, everything I remember Pete ever saying about MTs was that there wasn't going to be anymore. So I would say "yes" as well, but if you want to be absolutely sure, you could message Pete about it. He wouldn't mind.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions