Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Greetings to All!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 pm 
I've been a fan of Sluggy Freelance since forever. Johnny Ringo got me roped in. I tried to get in to read it as often as as I could, back when I was using a really super fast 2400 Baud dial-up modem. The "Badger, Badger, Badger" Song had just hit it big when I discovered the joys of Sluggy Freelance.

So, what can I say?
I grew up in the SF Bay Area, surfing, scuba diving, riding motorcycles, and walking in the redwoods. Where I was looked a lot like Endor. I miss it, a lot, but given that a 1/4 acre lot back in '06 went for $1 million, well, I don't live there now.
I am an inactive Marine, 10 years active service, and proud of it. I was an E-Tech lead on the US Aerostat program in Yuma, until I was forced to retire early for medical reasons.
I moved out of Yuma (which I despise with a passion, BTW) to beautiful Chiloquin, Or. back in '06. This is my home now...

I am very happily married, at least this time. Not so much last time.
I don't have any idea what sort of "stuff" goes in these intro threads, so I'll shut up now.
Nice to meet you all!
Pat☺

Post subject: Re: Greetings to All!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:04 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum Dilvish! Only took you fourteen and a half years to introduce yourself... Anyway,I don't really see any reason to bug you about the deranged traditions in Introductions after all this time.

So Ringo shanghaied you as well I see. Many, many, have befallen his enticing lure around here. Same thing happened to me in 2005. Though at least I had a 56k modem, so I could "fly" through the Archives.

As for your intro, the "stuff" was more than what many usually say. But it means you are a real person...or a really good AI that is slowly taking over everything. Wait, I'm being silly. The AI took over years ago...

Knew I should of never let it "check out" the internet...

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions