Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Intro of doom
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 am 
Hi rhampson here. AKA Speaker to Lab Animals AKA Tedd Roberts of Baen's Bar and FB fame. Been reading Sluggy ever since a friend on alt.callahans recommended it (nearly 20 years ago). Been a Defender off and on. I probably won't post much on the forums, but figured I'd sign in here just in case.

Also, I'm just a random Mad Scientist who would likely have been co-opted by Hereticorp (and turned them down for not being Mad enough!).

Post subject: Re: Intro of doom
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:28 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum rhampson!

So one of the "old ones" from (near) the beginning then. Only about Twelve years for me and it was all because of a book by John Ringo that showed me the way to this webcomic. Who is someone you most definitely know about.

Well, you know that Hereti Corp collects mad scientists like other people collect figurines. But unlike figurine collectors, hC can't seem to keep their collectables in one piece for long. Also they tend not to take no as an answer when they want a new addition to their collection...

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions