Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:16 am 
Finally decided to join the forums after lurking around them reading the comic since 2002ish.

With less updates, more time for speculating!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:59 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum NUKLEARAXIS!

There's always plenty of time to speculate. Having less updates is no excuse not to increase specing.

Anyway, you may be here to post in the forum or you were confused and thought you needed to be a Full Member to participate in non-forum things. You don't actually. Whichever it was, means you can post in the forum whenever the urge hits you, if you want. Now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem--usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted--written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you...a little. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want a gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:38 pm 
Poetry eh?

Robotic armour, stolen, weaponised,
Souls burning, reborn, death personified
Threat from space befriended,
Cross the bunny, soon dead,
Friendship, a bond across the dimension
The pillars of fate under tension
A path 20 years in the making
Our hearts will soon be breaking.

Yeah I know I suck.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:41 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
No, no, that's good actually. For one it's not a haiku which doesn't take too much time to come up with. And probably they're the basic "standard" here.

Haiku are easy
At times they can be cheesy
Or make you queasy

See, so easy it even rhymes, but yours took more time and thought to come up with, and it is good.

Anyway, I should go find you an appropriate gift. Please wait next to the precariously balanced 30 tonne rock I have over there. Oh and don't let your heart beat very loudly. Be right back...

Ah here you go... A rare Emca Life Narrator Printer! They had a small run of only about three million or so.

The Life Narrator Printer prints out in real time everything you do. What you're thinking, conversations, what you while working or playing, what people are muttering just out of earshot, what the voices say, or in other other words, EVERYTHING pertaining to you. Also it never needs you to refill it with paper or ink, or even power.

With great misgivings, you accept the gift from Zillatain while wondering were the exit is. Trying to appear inconspicuous, you glanced around while still trying to keep an eye on the 'creature' that calls itself Zillatain and also see what the Life Narrator Printer was printing. That is to many things for your mind to keep track of, so your focus is pulled more to read what the LNP is printing out. Zillatain startles-

Hey, look, its working right now. Didn't think it would imprint on you that quickly. Well, whatever, enjoy!

-said in a booming voice. Then just as suddenly, it walks away from you and proceeds into a patch of darkness to your left.

'How did I get here, and where is the exit', you fruitlessly thought once again. But the sound of the LNP working away, pulls your eyes downward yet again in horrified curiosity at what it is printing.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions