Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Introduction
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:31 am 
I've been following Sluggy Freelance from the beginning and even met Pete at at Comic-Con! Really looking forward to the next 20 years. I don't like to pick favorites, but :kiki: and :aylee: are my favorites.

Post subject: Re: Introduction
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum rerussell3!

Always wanted to meet Pete at a Con, but the ones he goes to are much to far away to justify the cost.

Well if I were to pick favorites, I would go with :aylee: and [smilie not found]

Anyway, a lot of new people signed up recently, so I will have to keep this short (and amazingly identical). There used to be Pesterers to pester you for poetry, but who knows if that will happen. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do post an original poem--usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted--written by you, you may also receive a gift in return. The "gift" may be useless or fatal, but it's a surprise. Lastly, the pestering is the tradition here, not the poetry.

Now go forth and mingle!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 am 
Heh. Busy, huh zill?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:35 pm 
It was so very nice of Pete to tell me about this change ahead of time. As opposed to not telling me anything and me not being utterly confused for a few days why such a huge number people suddenly wanted to sign-up for the forum.

Pete's a good guy like that...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:19 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
It was so very nice of Pete to tell me about this change ahead of time. As opposed to not telling me anything and me not being utterly confused for a few days why such a huge number people suddenly wanted to sign-up for the forum.

Pete's a good guy like that...

Sarcasm noted. I trust this will be better streamlined in 20+.... captcha or something. Now's certainly the time to put in for that request!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:18 pm 
At least you noticed. The internet is a horrible place to use/try and use sarcasm.

I can't say much, but yes there is going to be some better captcha put in place. Not sure what else to ask for though. Just happy that they (finally) added in the strikethrough and spoiler tags. Kind of surprised they were added so quickly after I asked actually. "Oh and by the way, can we have these things I've been asking to have for years?" *two hours later* Captain20 PMs me that they've been added.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:04 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
At least you noticed. The internet is a horrible place to use/try and use sarcasm.

I can't say much, but yes there is going to be some better captcha put in place. Not sure what else to ask for though. Just happy that they (finally) added in the strikethrough and spoiler tags. Kind of surprised they were added so quickly after I asked actually. "Oh and by the way, can we have these things I've been asking to have for years?" *two hours later* Captain20 PMs me that they've been added.

I'm a sharp old cookie, I am :p

Most IT people are just lazy and throw it on 'the list'. Most things can be done pretty quicky when they know their environment. I'm guessing those were 2 lines of code or a checkbox to enable. Captain20 (and team) seem to be on the ball! Can't wait to see what the new everything looks like.

Looking up those changes can take hours... doing it, a few mins. That's why I also heavily favour 'the list' for most of my life's work....

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions