Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Location: What a lovely pair of tropical Sulidae you've got there.
I forgot about the presents.
*hands out assorted members of the bird families Paridae and Sulidae*
Yup, it's boobies and tits all round. :torg:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:48 pm 
AOL: SpiderHunterA
Hello, I am Poing.
Real name is The Letter A.
Well, at least just A.

I'm 5'3 1/4'', blond, and female. I've been reading Sluggy since the first Torg Potter storyline, but didn't make an account until Basphomy's first appearence. And, now, I hang out on Sluggy.net far more often than I should, mostly in WGARS and FRPG, but make occasional posts in GC and lurk in POOP.

I gift thee all with avacados!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:54 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Hello all I be Crake. I joined the old forums about a month ago and managed to accumulate a post count around 330. I live in Wisconsin, am a 16 year old male(brown hair, blue/green eyes). I also managed to get a thread locked in my short time being here. I have read sluggy since the second kitten arc and have gone through the archives about ten times.

Now for all who have re-introduced themselves I give you some lunar real estate(the combined area is about as large as Ireland to give you an idea)

Edit: Crap I forgot my haiku
Sluggy is good yes?
Read it you will, read it yes?
Yoda is short.

Last edited by Crake on Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:13 pm 
Hi, I'm DSCrankshaw. This is, in fact, my real name: D. S. Crankshaw. If you want to know more about me personally, click the WWW button in this post and visit my blog.

I started reading Sluggy during Girls' Night Out, and started posting as soon as the Kesandru's Well storyline got started. Of course, during the great postcount reduction of '03, I dropped below a postcount of zero, helped by the fact that I didn't really like Holiday Wars and didn't have much to say at that time, and I finally got around to introducing myself in this forum when my postcount exceeded 0 again, sometime during TWR, I believe. So I've already done this re-introduction bit. At the time I used a haiku something like this:

I'm not really new
But my postcount had fallen
Now it's one again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:21 pm 
AOL: Squinky2
Hi! I'm MollyCule and I love Kiki :kiki: and Animaniacs. Um.. here's a haiku I guess... :sasha:

The turtle is slow
it saunters across the road
to the other side. :kzk:

The Oasis :oasis: storylines are the coolest! And so are these little emoticons! :sam:

--Molly!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:51 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
Gives minivarks to all his fellow haikuers.

Minivarks are like aardvarks, and do make good pets. They are well known for their lack of large size and utter cuteness. Well, at least, well known to me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:35 am 
Hi there! I've been reading Sluggy since the Isle of Dr. Steve storyline (wow, five years. I'd never realised that before), lurked around the old old boards, joined the last boards, introduced Mafia and Link the Lyrics to them, took part in a few Corpses, then gradually trailed off into lurkerdom. But I still randomly pop up every few months, like I am now!

Now, a haiku that I feel pretty much sums up my place of the board:

Poke poke poke poke poke
The needle's mean I love you
Oasis' crotch

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:44 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Location: Sunny, sunny Chicago ... wait, what? uh oh... (just moved to Chicago)
I believe that I started reading Sluggy in the spring of 2000 and started posting on the boards in the fall of 2000. I could be wrong. It's been a while.

I live in florida with four cats (anyone want a cat? we adopted a stray, and she came with three cute furry bits of baggage) and a fiance (that one's NOT up for grabs), have applied to graduate school to study fish (although, unlike angrysunbird, am NOT a good source of knowledge about taxonomy in my field), and spend far too much time on these boards.

I never post as much as I think I do, but I presume that people can remember me anyway since I never, ever, ever change my avatar. Back on the old boards (with a similar color theme to this one, but threaded and so very different in appearance) when we didn't have avatars I think I actually posted regularly. Maybe not.

ahhh, so Llefser WAS on the old boards, but under a different name. He had claimed in the past to have been on the old boards, but I didn't remember him, and so doubted. So, Llefser, what was your old name?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:50 am 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: marauderpilot
*Waves*
Hello, I'm Marauder_Pilot, the local obsessive 'Mech addict. I currently live in Ontario, although I'm getting shipped up to the Yukon in July-ish. I'm currently in Grade 12, studying to get into university for computer engineering. Preferably University of Waterloo, but I'll take whatever I can get. I'm a gamer, RPG-er, sci-fi fan, etc. All-round geek.

I honestly can't remember when I started reading, since I just started from the beginning, and can't remember the strip I finished on. Eh, whatever. I got hooked on Sluggy thanks to John Ringo's books, although I probably would have found it eventually anyways. I never lurked here, I just registered one day because I was bored and it was a slow day on MWRealms, so I wasn't getting my forum fix.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:34 am 
Yahoo Messenger: SteveH0771
AOL: Greywarden
Been here since the Sci-Fi Adventure.... though I was "aware" of the strip from the beginning thanks to emails from a friend. My Post Count has been nuked so many times I no longer mourn when I wake up to single digits... though I do sometimes wish the Joined On Date reflected the time I actually joined.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:44 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Hi there! I think most but not all of you will remember me, so for those who don't, I'm Jade Phoenix - many call me Jade. I'm 24. I was born and raised in California but went to college in New Hampshire, moved back to California for a few years, and am now in England. I've been on hiatus from the boards for the past couple months.

Lots of my friends in college (including the one who is now my husband) were into Sluggy years before I was, but I didn't finally start slogging through the backlog until 2002, catching up towards the end of Dangerous Days Ahead. I joined the boards that August, and became a moderator last year, active mainly in GC. I also became a Community Assistant.

Then...I applied to grad school, went all over the place for interviews, got into grad school, got married, went to a bunch of friends' weddings, took care of a husband with a broken foot, moved both of us to a whole other country, started a PhD program(me)... Hence the hiatus. But I'm back now, just in time for a new era of Sluggy.net, apparently!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:45 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: aquarosewater
AOL: aquarosewater
There and back again...

This winsome journey
Did take me to strange places
Where I dared not go

*dances the dance of the Nonzzy*

I'm Moueska Tonelicci, dancing atcha at 350SLhz a word! (Sluggyhertz, but not really...) I was hooked in at around the time of Holiday Wars- but I think it was actually the summer before that. I know that I didn't start with the forums until after Holiday Wars was over... I know I was in reactions for Boy's Night Out. Regular Logistics- I'm 20, and normally have my pic as my avvie (hand drawn)- but that's not important. What's important is gifties!

*hands out double stuff oreos, demon pixy sticks and chocolate-iced cupcakes- and Mr Boo Boo plushies!*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:38 pm 
Hello again, everyone! Thom Solo here, a name given me by the person who first pointed me to Sluggy. (My name is Thom, she knew I was a Star Wars fan, and so one night, under the influence of Captain Morgan, she gave me the nickname that has stuck with me ever since. :) My other interests include giant Japanese monsters, Doctor Who, SF/fantasy in general, comic books, and I'm getting more and more into anime.

I'm 34, 6'1", don't know my weight but I need to drop some girth *sigh*... I do have a mullet but wear it back in a tail most of the time. My glasses need replacing, and my beard often needs trimming.

I live in the Chicago area, and attend many of the local sci-fi conventions.

Though my first exposure to Sluggy was from the lass who nicknamed me, I didn't get into it seriously until around late 2000. Unlike many Sluggites, I found it in print first. I was at work--I work p/t at a bookstore in addition to my f/t job--and heading back for my dinner break, and I decided to stop in the humor section for something to read. What I found was Is It Not Nifty?, and I was hooked ever since... not only that, but some weeks or months later I was working the registers and someone came up with a User Friendly book. I mentioned that if they liked webcomics, I knew another one worth trying, and took them back to where Worship The Comic was sitting. (I had already purchased copies of the first two books for myself....)

Apparently they both got addicted, because the next time they came into the store, I was informed that it was all my fault. Since then it's become a running joke between us.

Anyway, that's my story. Now for a new haiku!

Grey clouds cross the sky
And birds fly through the chill air:
Thom Solo is here.

*distributes Legion flight rings to everyone*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:23 am 
AOL: BLAMM67
Hey there all. I'm BLAMM! the unofficial onomatopoeia of the Sluggy boards. I've been around ever since the UF/Sluggy crossover in Dec '99 tho I didn't register til much later.

While many of the new folk probably don't recognize me, I used to be a rather rabid poster with sky high record counts, but times change. Nowadays I'm usually too busy to just hang out like I used to, but I pop in ever now and then. And occasionally I can be found lurking in SluggyMARE.

Now for my traditional 17-Gun Haiku Salute!

BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM!
BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM!
BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM!

Edit: Oh, I forgot about the presents. Jello shots for every one!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:36 pm 
Sluggyless Friday!
Drowning sadness in wine...
<Sob> Shabbat shalom!

Hi, I am Ikuko (it's a girl name).

<offers everyone who posted haiku a rare racing my underpants>

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions