Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:10 pm 
Warning. Warning. This is not a drill (it is a screwdriver, but the engineer dropped his tool box into the PA system...)

AChocolateOrange has returned! *utter silence, save a few crickets chirping* Hasn't someone got rid of those yet?

Anyway, I'm AChocolateOrange, although that's a pain to type, so I do answer to ACO. I'm partly hyperactive and partly *nuts, I can't remember the word, the exact opposite of hyperactive*, half crazy, half psychotic, half zombie and all myopic.

And I'm currently under the influence of a pain killer, and as such can't think straight...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: AxelFendersson
AChocolateOrange wrote:
*nuts, I can't remember the word, the exact opposite of hyperactive*

Lethargic?

(Actually, hypoactive would be the exact opposite of hyperactive, but I doubt that's the word you're looking for.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:05 am 
I have read each sluggy freelance strip. Occasionally, I miss a month or two, but I always go back to catch up. My girlfriend says I have a problem.

I have never posted on this forum before (usually I lurk on totse), but to my amazement, I registered some time ago.

So now I post.

Cheers!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:13 am 
AOL: Chuthulu117
A Basset Returns

a spring breeze from floppy ears

Where has the Rum gone?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:46 pm 
Guess I should re-introduce myself.
Hi, I'm ace-o-aces, people call me ace or AOA

<---This is a picture of Manfred Albrecht von Richthofen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manfred_von_Richthofen aka the "Red Baron" the WWI "ace of aces". Thus the connection between name and avitar.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:08 am 
You know, if I ever came to welcome newcomers it might have taken me less than three months to notice this thread.

I'm caffeine (no capitals, despite everyone else's insistence on calling me Caffeine), the forums' resident addictive form of Britishy goodness.

In real life I live on a 32-acre estate just outside London with my wife, mistress and three children. Oh, and the staff. I'm sixteenth in line to the throne and am close personal friends with Oscar Wilde. I'm currently deciding whether to emigrate to somewhere more civillised now it appears that dreadful Camilla woman will be Princess-Consort.

I lie quite a lot
My life is really boring
So I make stuff up

For all haiku-writers: have a charmingly quaint working class person to do odd jobs round the place.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:44 am 
AOL: LostCatholic
*curties* Hello, I'm Kiki Kat. I just stopped by to say hello.

It's been 2 years since I was an active poster. Two years of college.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:15 am 
I started reading Sluggy WAY back in the day... probably 2000 or 2001. Joined the old, old boards, and I remember having to go through Fire and Rain day by day.

I guess I'm what we used to call an "old-timer." Don't see many familiar faces around, but I figured I'd say hello. I might start posting every once in a while.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:54 pm 
AOL: sugarraygross
maybe its just be but i keep seeing "oh im an old timer, wayyy wayyyyy back. to 2001" i feel like 2000 was just last year. also wasnt the comic started in 97? so wouldbe way way abck be in the 90's? youll prolly all gang up on me a try to hurt me in some obcene geeky fashion but thats cool because im a masochist, also i only started reading a few months ago, howvever i am caught up. but thats irrelavent. back to my point. way back and 2000's seems oxymoroninc. lemme know if you disagree (someones bound to) and heres haiku (who started that thing anyway?)

very green greenhorn
dont know what i want to write
so ill just say bye

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:38 am 
I remember when Rite first put on the rocketship underwear avatar. It's good to see some familiar faces. As for your resident revenant/phoenix, well I've started lurking a bit more often. Our baby is three weeks, and I have a little more time to steal for me myself alone.

-soul

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:26 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: N00b4545
kaclickpoing wrote:
way back and 2000's seems oxymoroninc.

Think along the lines of the comics age. 2000 to me seems not long ago, as well, but that's because i was 15 then (20 now) and that's a quarter of my life ago.
The comic is only 8. 2000 was 5 years ago. Anything over half it's life time is 'way way back'.

You've only recently joined. So you most likely read all 8 years worth in only a few days, right?
Us 'old timers' who 'way way back' refers to have most likely been reading sluggy every day for the past 5 years. that IS a long time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:42 pm 
Howdy. I'm El Wuffel. I came in to the boards somewhere between the time of Rite and Kiki Kat, so I suppose that makes me an old school species of Sluggite. As for The Comic, I was first inducted around the time of the Isle of Dr. Steve, if you can remember back that far.

Like the aforementioned old guard, I've been away from the boards (but still reading Sluggy faithfully) for about 2 years, in which time I got married, finished med school, and fathered an adorable baby girl. We're moving to Atlanta soon for me to start my pediatrics residency. Aside from those recent life-changing events, I remain the pun-loving Sluggite I have always been. So um... I'm back, and here's your danged haiku:

A pun renaissance?
So cool, I'd call it high-cool
El Wuffel returns

:pun:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:37 pm 
ACME Sales Rep.
ACME Sales Rep.
WLM: DesertSongDog
AOL: DesertSongDog
*pounces on El Wuffel* HI! Should I call you Dr. Wuffel? Welcome back!

Hey, if you'll be in Atlanta maybe you can drop by Dragon*Con and meet up with some Sluggites?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:24 pm 
I'm not technically a doctor until Saturday, I think. On the other hand, I don't think there's anything they can do to stop me at this point. Mwa ha ha ha!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:48 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
So, once there was this girl who lived in South Dakota and joined the boards and then she fled and moved to New York and Dallas and Tennessee and she was too busy to post but South Dakota was eeeevil and sucked her back home for the summer and then she came back to the boards.

She was kinda boring, too.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions