Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:55 pm 
Hello, I'm Waffle. I took my name from what my son used to scream in the morning when he was two. Spend a year getting up to someone hollering 'waffle' at the top of their little lungs and you sort of develop a Pavlovian response.

For those interested, I have degrees in Physics and Computer Science, was once enslaved by Microsoft and am currently an embedded software engineer making stuff that actually helps humanity, so I feel pretty good about that.

I started reading Sluggy just after the Punyverse saga, but didn't create an account for a while. I used to have several interesting hobbies, but now I have a child, a mortgage and a mountain of debt. And I feel pretty good about all that too.

I am the current high priest of the Church of Alikinos, patron God of Science and Technology, in WGARS. It, along with Gorija's Church of the Great Sky Basset are the currently sanctioned religions of WGARS. We have an endless supply of flying barcoloungers equipped with kegs for the faithful. The kegs contain:

Trappist ale, bitters
Dopplebock, hefeweisen
Just NOT Budweiser

Post subject: Just Lil ol' me
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:59 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Hi, I'm Dodger77. And to the vast majority of you, I'm new 'round these parts ;-). I've been reading sluggy for quite some time actually. I can't even remember which strip was the first one I ever read new. I think I caught up during Kiki's virus, but I'm not entirely sure.

Anyways, I just finished my first quarter of college, and am looking forward to the winter break. I hope to see you guys around!

Ahh, yes the poetry:

Shyness is a curse
I never know what to say
I sigh and move on.

The haiku I wrote for my own intro way back in Feb '03. Sorry for the major downer, I command the next poster to write something more cheerful!... please?

POOOF
*Returns to relative Obscurity*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:09 pm 
Hi, I'm whymy.

I'm an 18 year old student at Loyola University of Chicago, but I still call California my home.

I like to call myself a mutt because I'm half-white and half-hispanic. My dad is white, and my mom is an immegrent from El Salvador. I look just like my dad except for my hair and my eyes.

I have very curly hair, which can be attributed to my mom's side, but as my hair gets longer it's starting to straigten up a little bit. It's a dark brown, and when I first came to college I decided to be a little adventurous with it. I tried to dye my hair red, but I bleached my hair first and it came out pink. And then as time passed it turned to and orangy-pinkish. But now it's back to brown.

My eyes are a very dark brown. At one time they were almost black. They have lightened up a bit, but they are still much darker than my dad's Hazel eyes.

I am of heavy build, kinda short, and have a complete lack of a tan. One of the few things that I am jelous of my brother for. He passes for half-hispanic, me.... well people tend to be surprised.

I don't speak Spanish, which is a shame considering that most of my aunts and uncles (6 aunts, two of which live in California, and 2 uncles, both in El Salvador) can not speak English. But lucky for me, most of my cousins either know English or are in the process of learning. But it doesn't look good when me, my brother, and my sister are the only ones in the family who can't speak a word of Spanish.

Now for something I have never done before...

My name is Mark. I am named after my dad. But when my mom is angry at me she yells out "Marcos!" and starts cussing me out in Spanish.

I have been her for two and a half years now... and my spelling hasn't improved much. But no one complains anymore, so oh well.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:14 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: AxelFendersson
whymy wrote:
I have been her for two and a half years now... and my spelling hasn't improved much. But no one complains anymore, so oh well.

Well, I'm sure we could if you wanted us to.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:26 pm 
Greetings one and all... Kinkajou checking in...

Long time sluggy reader (I started reading on the 14th December 1999, which makes it five years on Tuesday!) short time board poster...

Either way, the obligatory haiku follows!

I know what you think...
You think I am mental, but
I think Gwynn is hot!

I hope that is sufficient... :gwynn:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:32 pm 
AOL: Astaereth
And to make my reintroduction complete:

Hello.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thank you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:50 pm 
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
You know what? There's been a massive amount of intros in this post, and yet no gifts have been distributed! So, in honor of the board reset and the reintros, I present this huge barrel filled with numerous semi-precious stones. If you've given a haiku, one of them'll have your name on it!

*takes his piece of onyx and leaves*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:11 pm 
Beta Tester of DOOM!
Location: Look above you...in the dark...Im there, watching you!
Welcome back, everyone!

Back on Sluggy net
Everyone returns now
Much Haiku Goodness!

I'm Mephansteras, I'm a semi-regular poster and a very regular lurker. I am known for my insectoids, who I usually use to help cater event. Hmm...speaking of which, if there isn't already a party going on in FRPG I think I'll go start one.

Anyway, I gift you all with one of my obsision statues of my avatar! (They've been pileing up lately)

See ya! :sasha:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:52 pm 
Hey, all. AlternateTorg here. I'm one of the semi-frequent posters here, though not nearly as much as that cheesy quesoLOCO27. (Don't worry, Queso, we love you.) Joined the boards during the Holiday Wars (though I've been reading the strip a bit longer than that). Holy crap, my boardiversary is this Tuesday!

I'm 27 years old and live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm married with no kids (yet), although my wife's 16-year-old sister lives with us.

I work as a computer programmer and live a block and a half away from work. I'm also (finally!) back in school, studying for a computer science degree.

Bun-Bun will return.
Rarely is death permanent
On Sluggy Freelance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:36 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Location: What a lovely pair of tropical Sulidae you've got there.
I'm angrysunbird. That's like, angrysunbird, right, no spaces, no capitalisations or nuthin. But I seem to answer to ASB or sunbird at times.
I'm a 27 year old Anglo-American Australian that lives in Marin County (highest concentration of hippies per capita in the US!). I'm a seabird biologist, so should I speak on matters relating to auks, petrels or cormorants and the like I do so from a position of high authority. On everything else I'm just a loud mouthed crank (although I know a little of grasshoppers, mangabeys and giraffes). I tend to be away for huge chunks of time while working in the field. So I'll pop in and out.
anyways here is a haiku

auk, storks, mollymauks
storm petrels, all do really
fear puffin dingos

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:55 pm 
AOL: ArialCoelura
Arial am I!
Not a mermaid, I've no fins
But still, not a font

Hi, I'm Arial!

I'm a Saggi who like long walks on the beach, star-gazing, and exotic tatoos. I enjoy reading, hiking, and anything having to do with water sports.

I've read sluggy since 98 but joined the boards in 03.

In honor of the new boards and re introductions I give everyone a FULL bag of popcorn of their choice!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:13 pm 
AOL: Dodger724
Mira Milktoast wrote:
Hi. I'm Mira, and I am new. I started reading Sluggy during the Chamberpot of Secretions storyline (hence the last name), and have been lurking here since...I'm not sure when. Like a lot of other people, I'm currently procrastinating on my finals.

Haiku? That's easy.
Twelve pages of history?
Not quite so much fun.

I don't suppose anyone wants the pile of books I should be hunting for quotes in as a gift?

Hi Mira, you should feel free to start your own thread (with that Haiku of course) so we can welcome you and shower you with gifts proper! Not to metnion the distinction of being the first new poster to be welcomed on the new forums!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:24 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: kdsorceress
AOL: kdsorceress
fthg42 wrote:
You know what? There's been a massive amount of intros in this post, and yet no gifts have been distributed! So, in honor of the board reset and the reintros, I present this huge barrel filled with numerous semi-precious stones. If you've given a haiku, one of them'll have your name on it!

*takes his piece of onyx and leaves*

Thank you. I was noticing the lack of gifts, and it was making me sad.

I am Sorceress
Fangirl, Healer, Queen of MOOP!
I have the most posts.

Which I know I shouldn't be flauting, but it's Cool!

~Sorceress

MOOP!

*gives everyone a lego pirate, an origami crane, and a lemonhead. *

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:25 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: AxelFendersson
Sorceress wrote:
*gives everyone a lego pirate, an origami crane, and a lemonhead. *

Is that a crane meaning the bird, or the lifting device?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:28 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: kdsorceress
AOL: kdsorceress
The bird, silly man.

Although it would be really cool if I could make the other kind...hmm...

~Sorceress

MOOP!

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions