Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:18 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: ThePoetMaelstorm
AOL: maelstorm666
Hiya, The Poet Maelstorm here, I guess I can file in for this little thing. I used to post avidly around this place... kinda dropped to a lurker after Lifes troubles got in the way... Probably forgotten by most. I'm hoping that if i can find a decent connection I'll be able to be on more, but I seem to exist only in the twilight zone.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:50 pm 
AOL: BuckeyeNative01
Hi all!

Used to post here long time ago, kinda dropped off the face of the earth for a while (aka "schoolwork"...). I've been reading since the middle of Kitten II.

Haiku? What the hey...

Reading Sluggy is
A favorite pastime but
I lack writing skills...

Wow...uh anyway, nice to meet you all (and some of you again?).

Last edited by Buckeye Native on Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:56 am 
AOL: Ofthefaeriefort
I'm Chibi-Tatsu, also self-reference as 'Sunhawk'; quite eccentric and with many (mostly useless) hobbies.

Well, except reading scifi and fantasy... that's not useless. But writing fanfiction definitely is, as is watching politics, playing computer games and RPGs, baiting my brother (well, okay, that's useful), reading japanese manga, and studying whatever catches my interest this week ^_^

I've been reading Sluggy Freelance since... geez, must have been about 2000, or maybe a bit before. I've just been too lazy to register with the forum before.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:19 am 
AOL: skullx2000
Hi peeps! Skullx2003 here. I've read Sluggy since the Fire and Rain storyline. I'm also known as "Skullx" or "The Avatar Pimp". The Pimp title comes fromt he long line of 200 or so hand created avatars I've done for people on the Sluggy Boards, Live Journal, or other assorted uses.

Feel free to check out my work at: http://www.geocities.com/hymiez/Avatars.htm

I also draw a comic book called "Captain Drew And His Crew Of Two". We all remember comic books right? ;) You can check out the site for that at http://www.radbu.com

Let me know if you need an Avatar!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:24 pm 
My name is AlphaOmega. I used to post before the great forum crash but stopped for awhile. After coming back to re-register I was suprised to see that my account was still working so I am using this one instead of ctreating a new one.

I can't remember exactly when I started to read Sluggy. I think it was either durring DDA or the Holiday Wars. Anyway ever since then I have been reading Sluggy faithfully.

Now I just have to get of my ass and get a DOTN account....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:42 am 
Yahoo Messenger: skyline5k
AOL: skyline5k
When I read "Re-introductions..." I thought I posted this in the wrong thread. But here it is again, as if you couldn't get enough!

me wrote:
I'm back again. Probably due to the bourbon bottle next to me right now. this is probably the 15th time I've returned anyways, but what the hell! I'll post it here anyways.

For those who remember, YES, I'm still in this god-forsaken place called CHINA. Yes, I'm still working in an ESL company. Yes, I still HATE it! No, I don't want to link your site to mine.

Dionysus, you've been around for awhile, too!

Krail, I stole your avatars! (I live in a communist country. what'd you expect?) I love 'em. I want MORE!

Poing! Where in PA?

FTM, I'll OWN this forum by the time you come back!

The rest of you, probably remember, but just not right now.

Where's BLM & TREY???!!! They owe me a drink!
those were all the people at the reintroductions thread.

Av Pimp- my original "skullx" disappeared here, probably with the death of Nuke. After 2 years, I gotta sport something new now. That's okay though. Probably going to switch to one of Krail's I stole a year ago.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:58 pm 
AOL: LibertyPancakes
Hello, I am Steamboat_Pirate, a hopeless n00b who stumbled upon Sluggy and was prompted to lock himself down to read the entire archives. I'm a typical social outcast teenager who seeks to find acceptance in the anonymousnessosity of the internet, or just being a wiseass then dissapearing behind a couch. I shall leave you all with a secret passed on by generations of generations

No bird flies too high, if it flies with silver nitrate powered rocket engines and has ozone breathing bio-lungs, and then it will destroy us all with its ultrablue supersonic screech!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:53 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
skyline5k wrote:
FTM, I'll OWN this forum by the time you come back!

*taps watch* Ha! The prophecy went unfulfilled!

But seriously, good to see you again man.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:04 am 
Yahoo Messenger: skyline5k
AOL: skyline5k
Hey, I tried, but you know, holiday benders and all just got in the way. Domination is soon at hand.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:47 pm 
hey ya, I'm the sluggite known as Soulhunter, SH, that damnguy, Dirk, and whatever else I'm called behind my back. I've been on the boards since August 2001, but have a tendency to post in a flurry for a while, then drop totally out of sight for weeks to months at a time. I've got some pictures on sluggy pics, which were taken when I joined, so now I'm aged, overweight, badly balding, and... short. Actually, I pretty much look the same all the time. My job doesn't permit much alteration in physical appearance.

Used to be that I hung out in General Chat all the time, where I was known as a conversation stopper, until some clever sluggite/sluggette figured out that I was simply ignored, I couldn't stop the conversation. In recent months, I have spent more time in WGARS and POOP. Also used to be a reliable greeter of newbies in the intro thread/revolving door, but I got a little bored with that.

So, I'm still here, kinda.
-soul

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:59 pm 
alliterator here. I found Sluggy Freelance a couple weeks ago and obsessively read the entire series (all seven years of it) within three days. Um, that's it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:26 am 
I may as well.

Hi, I'm Fieari. I entered my first state of Sluggy Withdrawl Syndrome, that is to say, went from the firehose of reading months at a time to the I.V. drip of daily on New Years, Y2K with his "Oops, my pencil isn't Y2K compliant" filler strip. I've been a faithful reader ever since, and I used to post a fair amount, but then started to lurk, stopping by only when there was a particularly interesting strip I wanted to see your comments on. Ahh... I remember fondly when we were all arguing about what the "Ch" could possibly mean, and someone came OUT OF THE BLUE with the speculation that it might be "hC" instead, and turned out to be RIGHT. Who'dathought? That's the kind of speculation that always amazes me about the sluggites here.

Obviously, since I just stated that I come around here when something particularly interesting is happening, I've been hooked to these forums during TWR. It was likewise for F&R.

Haiku:

Always amazéd
By the speculations
That can be found here

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:52 am 
Greetings! I'm Wireball, 6'3" with grey skin (although I look shorter in the picture), and a mere 145 pounds. I prefer colder climates, where I tend to surround myself with computers and use them for heating.

I'm a student at various colleges looking for an education in engineering, with great experience in computers, particularly hardware. Strangely enough, I haven't gotten the hang of using GNU/Linux regularly yet, though I'm going to take a stab at it again this year.

I started reading Sluggy Freelance about a month after the space mummy guest strip - found it via link from Schlock Mercenary. I joined Sluggy.net in November of 2003, and I've used the Wireball name exclusively since around 1997 (it's based on the name of one of our computers).

I'd write a haiku
but I lost my haiku-analyzer
and I'm not very good at counting syllables ;)

*gives bags of assorted archaic computer parts all around*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:55 pm 
I'm Caito. I joined more than a year ago, but for some reason I don't remember I stopped posting and started lurking. Now I think I'll return to postingness so... hi. All. I don't want to write another haiku.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:15 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: phandaae
AOL: Soxyc
I actually saved my orignal intro here it it...

Little Soxy C,
always spinning on the web.
Sluggy Freelance, see

OK so that is the tradition greeting now how's about some poetry from my ethnic origins...limericks

Sox Clinton was a cat
His owner, a tad bit fat
He was the Prez
He got some Head
He ate to many Macs

One day the prez got old
To his rival the vote was sold
His name is Bush
He's a pain in my tush
and his feet are covered with mold

India ink is now the pet
of our presidential vet.