Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Joining the Sluggites :)
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:12 pm 
About a year and a half ago, I read a Sci Fi book that mentioned the Sluggy Freelance universe, specifically they named a behemoth battle tank after BunBun, and they talked about if someone was acting like "Riff" or "Torg" from a web comic.

Intrigued, I did a net search and found the webcomic, and an all day marathon session of happily reading to catch up in the archives commenced.

Since then, I have read the strip every day, even when it's understandable filler time instad of "normal" material. Even Stick figure weeks are good (I actually like those), and then I would head to the reactions forum to read a bit, always telling myself that I should register, as I often have something I want to interject about the latest day's strip myself, but never got around to it until now.

The "Years of Yarncraft" has been a nice side story, I am enjoying it as an ex Warcraft player myself. I'd love to see what the characters would make of City of Heroes some other time, heh. But I suppose that would depend on Pete ever playing that one.

Hope to throw a reaction onto the main forums from time to time soon. I'll just cocoon up, Aylee style, in the Pending Poster's forum here until then. /emote cocoon.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:29 pm 
ACME Sales Rep.
ACME Sales Rep.
WLM: DesertSongDog
AOL: DesertSongDog
So you found us through a John Ringo book? We have a few of those, I think.

This one passes the test. Let him through, O' Mighty Tim.

Congrats, this will become your Introductions thread and I will just do some magic Admin stuff and voila, you will be one of us.

One of us.

One of us.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:23 pm 
Just so you know, it is a tradition to pester newcomers until they supply us with poetry.
So, in the name of tradition:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:04 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Ah, the power of :pester!:

Welcome to the forums, Bounder, well come indeed!

--tll

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:58 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Welcome reader of When the Devil Dances and Hell's Faire. Let's see, it's been partially explained about the tradition but not all of it. Basically we pester newcomers for poetry, doesn't have to be much, and our standards are appallingly low (as long as it keeps a PG rating it's good). Mind you there's no actual tradition of people actually posting poetry, but if they do, not only do we stop pestering, we give notional gifts. All that being said...

*Climbs into the control pod of his Super Star Destroyer sized pester cannon*

PESTER, PESTER, PESTER

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:59 am 
Ack, I'm being pestered!

Um, letsee if I can come up with anything, um..

Talking swords and dimensional rifts, piles of explosives too!
Behind the couch the tube rat leaves gifts, like car keys, wallets, and poo.
Did I see a camel? Is that girl green? And I see a knife wielding bun.
It might not be safe, but this place seems keen, pretty darn nifty and fun!

Best I could do, my brain won't come up with more lines this morning, Must go get breakfast.
Thank you for the welcomings. :)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:26 pm 
I've seen worse. Have some kryptonite. You never know when Superman might crack.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:48 am 
Location: In the middle of Fantasy, Reality and Sherry Trifle
Welcome to the Zone, where it only rains on a Monday.

Wow non Vogon poetry...

*Gives a bag of Magic Coal*
"Powered by the combination of carbon and magic, you cant loose!"

Enjoy!

Wizz.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:30 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Hmm, a poem, and it's not bad (trust me our standards are appallingly low). Now it's time for the gifts.

*Rummages around in his bag of holding*

Hmm, your very own pebble bed reactor from a she-va.... no, a magic brazier to go with the magic coal... no, a lead lined container for the kryptonite... no, ah here's something. I hereby present to you a pass to get into the Foundation for Love and Universal Faith (from Princess of Wands). Use in good health.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:10 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
What is that? Something's burning... oh, it appears to be my Self Immolation Poetry Detector by Emca... Wonder why it's on fire? Maybe I should read the manual... also this might explain why it comes in a pack of 48...

Never mind, it has alerted me that a class 13 poetry violation has occurred in the Sluggy forums. So the punishment for this transgression is to give the perpetrator a... gift from one of The Gwien Empire's Dimensional Storage facilities...

I'll try to find something that is useful and may not eviscerate you... unless it is useful for you to be eviscerated... Finding a gift may also take some time, so sit back and relax. If the Darheel starts to look at you like someone does with a roast, don't worry if you close your eyes, as they are vegetarians... with teeth designed to rend meat from bone... So, just relax, with no other witnesses other than the Darheel...

...Let's see here... a taxidermied God King with its crest up... it also appears it was made to work as coat rack... no, too gaudy... hmm, how about a 23 liter keg of Lucifer's Own 80 proof drinking methanol? It is great for those social situations where you want to drink, but not worry about getting drunk and making a fool out of yourself, since it takes four times as much to be consumed in comparison to an equal amount of regular alcoholic drinks. So drink a couple of liters, you'll be fine... Oh, whoops, sorry about that, but I can't give this to a human... I don't know how old you are, so I can't legally give this to you. So to be on the safe side... I'll keep looking... Ah, how about this... It is useful and very stylish...

A Life2Go™ wrist watch by Emca. You just put it on your wrist then it painfully bonds to your skeletal structure and integrates into your circulatory system, then it will calculate how much life you have left to live, then it displays a five digit (max 99,999) countdown in hours left. I never heard of it once being incorrect, so you can plan your life accordingly. One word of warning, do not try and open it after it bonds to you, since you will more than likely make yourself bloody and if you lose the required 7 milligrams of tetrodotoxin it contains, the watch will stop working... and it also voids the warranty...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 am 
Such.. interesting gifts. I am touched. And afraid. I feel I belong. Wheee! :)

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:32 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Bounder wrote:
I feel I belong.
This is when you need to be afraid.
Welcome to the boards. I shall gift you with this portable escape hole in case you change your mind. Just don't put it in the same pocket as your keys ... or your wallet ... or anything you want to keep.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:24 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Ah, someone posted a verse at our gentle (for some meanings of gentle) coaxing. How pleasant. So now all that's left is welcoming you to the board (welcome, howdy, hi, make yourself at home) and the notional gift. Oh, and the whole 'wandering around the board belonging' thing; but you get to do that yourself.

So, what to give. Ah, here we go; a bag of certaintea. Just steep for five minutes in fresh boiling water whenever you suffer from a regrettable pang of doubt, add a bit of sugar (milk or lemon optional), and sip those nasty pangs away. Not the drink to have when contemplating something suicidally stupid, but otherwise quite useful (and tasty). Sip in good health.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions