Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Well hello there
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:46 am 
Although Wile E. promises to have my account deleted if i didn't post in the first three weeks of joining, I'm still here. So here we go: Hello everyone, my fellow sluggites :)

I've been reading Sluggy for ages. Started around the time when Sam became the Sampire. Been lurking the forums for quite some time now, somewhere around Shankraft's Island. Created an account to become a defender a few months (years? i don't remember) back. Never got around to actually join the defenders though (shame on me).

Now, for the first time ever, i wanted to comment on the developements of the story and noticed i'm not allowed to do so. Well, now you know. I'm here. I've been here for a loooong time. And I will be here till the (hopefully not too soon) end.

Glad to be along for the ride :)

Post subject: Re: Well hello there
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:55 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum praisethesun!

It says "first three weeks"? I'm pretty sure that's a misprint. Considering how often Wile deletes accounts I'm sure she really meant "first three decades".

Having to post here first and be approved is a hold over from when we had a really bad spam problem. We would get hundreds per day, and I really wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not. Ever since the redesign of the site we only get maybe a few a year that make it through the gauntlet now.

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:53 am 
I accept the challenge

break the sacred rule
posting spec in reactions
i ask, who does that?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:13 am 
My buttocks is red,
posted spec in reactions.
My name is Spirantz!

....but I'm still here. Tee hee! :kiki: