Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:09 pm 
Hey that's a good point. It would be pretty hilarious if the key to getting home this whole time was that they just need to calm the hell down XD

randomlanguage wrote:
I agree that they will return to 8 time closer to the time they left. Otherwise they might as well be in another world. Plus, Aylee is still there!! And Bun bun (though he's in space) and others

Well, I'm thinkin there's really two timelines that we're watching here. The absolute timeline, which has progressed tens of thousands of years per subchapter, and there's the relative timeline, which is the amount of time the characters have personally experienced on this trip. The first one is definitely a no-go. They could end up in a whole new spark for all we know.The second one is harder to say. The chapter has been going on a year, but it feels like they've been there longer because we keep tuning into new era well after they've reestablished themselves. So, could be a year...maybe much longer - hell with some of those eras like the 50s one and the medieval one, I could believe they spent a whole year just there. Who knows

It might depend on parity. The entire previous chapter ending the Hereti story takes place over about one day - a day which theoretically started July 2017. That's coming up on three years ago. So a 3-year jump forward in time would put them in 2020, IF Pete felt the need to keep up that pretense.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:41 am 
My speculation on the 2/21 strip!

The super-powered anima holders are gone, and society is reset to a lower tech level; that implies a planetary catastrophe, like war among the supers. (Also implied by the lack of people 5000 years ago).

This strip mentions a temple, iconography that survived ... and 'Troloria'. First we've heard of a deity in Anima world. AND .... they threw Cupidine 5000 years ahead just before them, and there's no sign of her.

I think Troloria is the Anima who won the war.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:07 am 
Troloria

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/19971010

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:25 pm 
Spirantz wrote:

Called it! (though I think I was spelling it wrong....)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:42 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

Called it! (though I think I was spelling it wrong....)

25000 internet points to you today!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:32 pm 
I bet Cupidine's many anima collapsed into one Zoe anima, just like everyone else, when she fluxed there. She probably wasn't too happy about that, but she's mostly harmless now.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:03 pm 
Troloria is actually the sole survivor of the anima wars between people who fought for other people's anima

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:14 am 
Wait. If Troloria is the sole survivor, where did all the other people come from? Psionic parthenogenesis?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:09 am 
The way things usually go in sluggy, Troloria is probably Cupidine ... More thoughts later

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:19 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
The way things usually go in sluggy, Troloria is probably Cupidine ... More thoughts later

or the muse

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:30 am 
ramoss wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

or the muse

Indeed. A muse is not always willing.

Then again, maybe Zoe and her plain anima could be the muse, since they all look like her now. Stay tuned next week, folks!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Wait. If Troloria is the sole survivor, where did all the other people come from? Psionic parthenogenesis?

The sole survivor of the ones that have more than one anima. He/she/It has them all.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:48 pm 
I'm guessing the Troloria Incident happened between when they left and when they re-arrived, so no connection to Cupidine. We'll probably hear what happened to Cupidine though.

Hey, you notice the weird mosaic pattern of Troloria's forehead looks like the weird mosaic pattern when they re-Zappo? Interesting.

Anyway, I'm guessing Troloria is the blue moon, a person with a billion anima, and she stepped in after the psychic war to basically absorb all the super-psychics and leave the survivors to rebuild.

No idea how or why she flattened all the anima though.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:08 pm 
Webfoot wrote:
I'm guessing the Troloria Incident happened between when they left and when they re-arrived, so no connection to Cupidine. We'll probably hear what happened to Cupidine though.

Hey, you notice the weird mosaic pattern of Troloria's forehead looks like the weird mosaic pattern when they re-Zappo? Interesting.

Anyway, I'm guessing Troloria is the blue moon, a person with a billion anima, and she stepped in after the psychic war to basically absorb all the super-psychics and leave the survivors to rebuild.

No idea how or why she flattened all the anima though.

Maybe Troloria can get energy from the anima that are flattened, by directing their energy to him/her, rather than killing them.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:02 pm 
I've been assuming for a while that Zoe's generic anima was because she wasn't the original Zoe --she was rebuilt by nanites in 4U City. So maybe something similar has now happened to everyone.

Either way I'm getting tired of this dimension... :kzk:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat