Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:48 pm 
Cupidine corrupted Toroloria with red anima

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:41 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Today'sstrip seems to indicate that Troloria may be bedeviled.

I lean that way too, although this bounces right off the whole moon problem again. If Troloria is the anima moon, and she's evil, then Zoe should have been seeing the moon as red.

...although, to be fair, nobody's ever talked about the moon in a significant way right? The only way Zoe would realize the moon isn't supposed to be red is - if someone painted it. :torg:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:53 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

I lean that way too, although this bounces right off the whole moon problem again. If Troloria is the anima moon, and she's evil, then Zoe should have been seeing the moon as red.

...although, to be fair, nobody's ever talked about the moon in a significant way right? The only way Zoe would realize the moon isn't supposed to be red is - if someone painted it. :torg:

It would be sort of odd for Zoe not to mention that the moon is the same color as the bedeviled anima. However, what she didn't get a look at was the color of the approaching entities before their last escape. We haven't seen what the moon and its anima looks like in this timeline, and that could be significant, too. Then again, Zoe's anima was replaced, which might mean she lost her power.

The paintings could be another big hint at what's coming, though - Torg should have no clue regarding what their original anima looked like, but the paintings are a dead giveaway that he does somehow. Troloria seems to be looking quite mean at whoever had the anima Torg drew, after all.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:29 am 
Oh my goodness.
The blue cakes, turned red by the alcoholic red paint.
The symbolism is obvious.

The red animas of bedevilment aren't about being evil sociopaths at all. That's just what happens when you're drunk.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:32 am 
Webfoot wrote:
Oh my goodness.
The blue cakes, turned red by the alcoholic red paint.
The symbolism is obvious.

The red animas of bedevilment aren't about being evil sociopaths at all. That's just what happens when you're drunk.

I think it's a far more crucial reveal. It reveals the means by which Cupidine becomes a Trolorian Go-Go Dancer.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:46 am 
Jackalope wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

It would be sort of odd for Zoe not to mention that the moon is the same color as the bedeviled anima. However, what she didn't get a look at was the color of the approaching entities before their last escape. We haven't seen what the moon and its anima looks like in this timeline, and that could be significant, too. Then again, Zoe's anima was replaced, which might mean she lost her power.

The paintings could be another big hint at what's coming, though - Torg should have no clue regarding what their original anima looked like, but the paintings are a dead giveaway that he does somehow. Troloria seems to be looking quite mean at whoever had the anima Torg drew, after all.

What are you talking about? They all seem to remember what their anima were like before. What plot point was there about them forgetting their original anima? Zoe even commented on hers being bigger now. And the painting is of Maya. He knew Maya before her anima was replaced. Is there some other painting? Totally confused.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:02 am 
Huh. Is this the Anima world's In the Future, All Humans Will Be One Race ending? Or is this the Humans are White of Troloria?

Either way we seem to have homogenization of both body and spirit. Racism between different anima-having peoples wasn't ever really in evidence, so is the physical change forced or the result of thousands of years of unbiased mixing? How did they get so diverse in the first place with caribs, cowfolk, lizardfolk, etc? How are our friends still being accepted when they are very much the odd ones out physically?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:05 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
What are you talking about? They all seem to remember what their anima were like before. What plot point was there about them forgetting their original anima? Zoe even commented on hers being bigger now. And the painting is of Maya. He knew Maya before her anima was replaced. Is there some other painting? Totally confused.

Jackalope wrote:
Troloria seems to be looking quite mean at whoever had the anima Torg drew, after all.

I thought the last sentence cleared it up pretty well. Then again, if you are parting from the basis that Troloria is a benign being / the god that designed the anima, I can see why you are having problems seeing where I'm coming from.

To surmise a previous comment of mine that was way too big to read, I believe that Troloria and her muse might have been the two entity moons we saw heading towards them before they used the DFA to escape, and that Cupidine was someone significant to them, significant enough that it angered Troloria to believe Cupidine might have been "pulverized" by them. This is my interpretation of Torg's nightmare, which seems to be more of a psychic-anima-awareness-interchange, and I believe that the focus on highlighting the anima while obscuring everything else during that nightmare suggests that both Torg and Troloria became very aware of each other through their animas. In other words, Troloria might not recognize Torg, but Troloria would recognize his previous anima.

As to the kink in that theory, the animas being replaced after they arrived suggesting some divine intervention, I believe this is essentially this dimension's "DFA apocalypse" using the advanced AI they were already proven to have, perhaps even the DFA schematics they exposed while connected in the anima VR, and possibly involving the flying city that rose again after their civilization fell. It would be entirely automated so that Troloria would not even be aware of the day to day operation, 4U style.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:20 am 
Jackalope wrote:
It would be sort of odd for Zoe not to mention that the moon is the same color as the bedeviled anima.

I would agree, except none of them have commented on the moon at all. And don't forget they knew about the moon long before they knew about bedevileds and seers and suchlike. Chapter-wise, it was the first thing we were shown them looking at.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:45 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Jackalope wrote:
It would be sort of odd for Zoe not to mention that the moon is the same color as the bedeviled anima.

I would agree, except none of them have commented on the moon at all. And don't forget they knew about the moon long before they knew about bedevileds and seers and suchlike. Chapter-wise, it was the first thing we were shown them looking at.

The last era had lots of seers. This would have been reported eventually. And recorded in the VR data repository.

Or so I'd assume.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:53 pm 
Jackalope wrote:
and that Cupidine was someone significant to them, significant enough that it angered Troloria to believe Cupidine might have been "pulverized" by them.

I think that is unlikely, or else Cupidine would not have had her anima stripped from her when she arrived.

I think that was just a memory of what Torg saw there, and the Angry Eyes was what he saw when they fluxed.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:10 pm 
Webfoot wrote:
Jackalope wrote:
and that Cupidine was someone significant to them, significant enough that it angered Troloria to believe Cupidine might have been "pulverized" by them.

I think that is unlikely, or else Cupidine would not have had her anima stripped from her when she arrived.

I think that was just a memory of what Torg saw there, and the Angry Eyes was what he saw when they fluxed.

Sort of replied to that point too :kiki:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:12 am 
At first i thought Troloria would save them.

Now I'm assuming they will get beamed up by Torg/Riff from the past, use the ship's tech to heal Torg and fix the DFA (which won't be blocked by the atmosphere's electricity anymore), and then make their way home.

I suppose, Cupidine could chase them down to give them troubles. But luckily old Aylee will gobble her up.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:58 am 
When someone is happy that things are going well, they're bound to take a turn for the worse.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:49 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
When someone is happy that things are going well, they're bound to take a turn for the worse.

I don't know about Torg, but that gives me a self-induced depression! :gwynn:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat