Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:45 pm 
So someone asked if the Trevors could be isp and osp but I think they are exactly what Zoe said about him that there is the goofy Torg and the scary Torg and she fell in love with the one between. I think it is a really good representation for him!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:37 pm 
thancock wrote:
So someone asked if the Trevors could be isp and osp but I think they are exactly what Zoe said about him that there is the goofy Torg and the scary Torg and she fell in love with the one between. I think it is a really good representation for him!

Just to clarify... I did not ask if the Trevors could be Isp and Osp. I said that Torg's anima resembles a hybrid between dragon-form Aylee and Mosp (specifically Isp and Osp) - both monsters that Torg "tamed" through his inherent trust that everything has a good side (except, apparently, Sasha/Kusari), and treating them with respect rather than 'fear and loathing'.

In that same post, I said that the two Trevors could also represent Torg's dual personalities - the two speculations do not have to be separate possibilities - in fact, I think that both have validity and that Torg's duality may actually be what allows him to see that goodness in all (or most).

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:13 pm 
I like it! I was referring to jbrecken's post actually about the Trevor's becoming Isp and Osp but now I see yours and think it is spot on

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:05 pm 
We need some real interaction with the people in this dimension. I hope they make friends, but I fear that it is turning the other way...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34 am 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:

I guess I'm speccing that Zoe will link how she feels about her anima and her worries verbally to someone (so the audience becomes aware of this), and that this arc will involve character growth for Zoe on a deeper level than we've seen with her for a while.

My bet is zoe's gonna be quite small until Torg gets real threatened , then it will get bigger than anyone's there... shocking the heck out of the natives.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:33 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
We need some real interaction with the people in this dimension. I hope they make friends, but I fear that it is turning the other way...

Why not both?

Based on Frog's comments today, I'm starting to picture a scenario where the there's something that reacts very badly when it perceives negative feelings but feeds on warm, happy thoughts, something very dangerous, and possibly incorporeal. It's a concept that's been seen in fiction before, and it would be interesting to see Pete's spin on it.

Riff would be trying to find a way to blast it, but I imagine the solution would be overloading it with "food" so that it bursts (Kiki sez "Ewww!") through celebration.

And thus we have the origin of the Trolorian go-go dancers that Riff and Torg beamed aboard in the future, in the past. :riff: :torg:

Okay, yes, I'm fixated on their resemblance to said dancers, but it still sounds interesting to me.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:42 pm 
Has there been any spec related to the gold vines that Torg found and many of the natives are wearing? They're clearly going to have a role to play in this chapter, but I just haven't figured out what that is yet…

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:20 pm 
kansaichris wrote:
Has there been any spec related to the gold vines that Torg found and many of the natives are wearing? They're clearly going to have a role to play in this chapter, but I just haven't figured out what that is yet…

Hmmm...good point. Well, I at first had questioned the wisdom of cutting those vines. But it seems like the people of this land cut them too without ill effect. Maybe they are some sort of sign.
Our gang hasn't used it much. I see it on a stick here and in Gwynn's hair here. Maybe it is just coincidence, but looking back, I feel like the people here interact more personally with Gwynn, and are rather stand-offish toward the rest.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:29 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Hmmm...good point. Well, I at first had questioned the wisdom of cutting those vines. But it seems like the people of this land cut them too without ill effect.

It still could have been unwise. It was tangled around the tree, meaning it could have been sealing something.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:07 am 
Is the "leader" Gwynn? Similar avatars, yellow band tying back the hair? She's been on a jaunt through time before, and we don't know yet what effect this different dimension might have on her magic. Maybe she gets thrown back in time a few decades?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:56 am 
Not sure about the leader, but don't you think that the anima for "the dumb muscle" looks a bit like Zefolas? It would be interesting if this turns out to be the place where spirits go when you "kill" them in a spirit world…

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:49 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
kansaichris wrote:

Hmmm...good point. Well, I at first had questioned the wisdom of cutting those vines. But it seems like the people of this land cut them too without ill effect. Maybe they are some sort of sign.

Yeah, given that they're the one other thing getting spot colored besides the Animas, they've got to be important somehow. And I would think it's in a way that affects or interacts with the Animas, but so far I haven't come up with any good theories on this.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:49 am 
Given the small-animal-things on people's shoulders, and their affinity for Gwynn, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume that K'Z'K is going to have something to do with this dimension.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:17 am 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
Given the small-animal-things on people's shoulders, and their affinity for Gwynn, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume that K'Z'K is going to have something to do with this dimension.

I do get the feeling that this is going to be somehow Gwynn-centric. So far, she is the only one interacting in any meaningful way with the people of the island. She is the only one wearing the golden vine/thread. Everyone else is sticking together in a waiting-it-out attitude. She is probably relieved and letting herself be happy for the first time in a while. She thinks she is out of K'Z'K's realm of influence. We'll see!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:15 am 
OK, I don't know how to quote from the Reactions page to here. But RamenChef said:
"Riff's laser cannon would probably help here." and I almost replied with this:
Yeah, that's my guess, that Riff will become a hero to these folk with that cannon.
That, or Torg will dip Chaz in some of the innocent blood already spilled by this monster, and become a hero.
Or both.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat