Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:19 am 
This chapter continues to vex me. I can't accept that we went through this much build up and mystery just for a failed marriage proposal. There has to be more to it than that.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:27 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
This chapter continues to vex me. I can't accept that we went through this much build up and mystery just for a failed marriage proposal. There has to be more to it than that.

Does Pete EVER have just one thing going on? Lolz.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:02 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

Does Pete EVER have just one thing going on? Lolz.

Yep, there's still a lot in play: the lost DFA if nothing else, plus the foreshadowing with the spliced anima...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:16 am 
I wonder if they'll have to completely chop off their anima to return home? i.e., remove the interference from the DFA.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:49 am 
The DFA is one thing, but I dunno, it sure seems like everything Torg did was just for a marriage proposal. :riff:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:38 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
The DFA is one thing, but I dunno, it sure seems like everything Torg did was just for a marriage proposal. :riff:

Hmmmm ... I see what you mean.

One thought that popped into my mind is that Zoe might say something about her suspicions and that will prompt Torg to remember something that he learned or saw in the process of making this failed marriage proposal. The resultant discussion /brainstorm will end up illuminating some mystery.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:20 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

Not too sure about that. Torg is the torgiest there is, no doubt. But it seems weird to me. It doesn't fit Pete's usual storytelling. Torg is craftier than that. Either this had to be a very special marriage proposal (which worked and would have been a stellar event in Sluggy history (which it didn't)), or Torg did some other stuff we don't know about yet.

Some time ago Gwynn had a special task Torg asked her to do. We assumed it was stealing the DFA, but this could not have been the case. It had nothing to do with the marriage proposal. So there has to be something Torg didn't tell us yet. He hid something from Zoë alright, but it wasn't the proposal.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:14 am 
At least 5000 years in the future, :riff: might be able to find electricity and a computer.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:34 am 
seebert42 wrote:
At least 5000 years in the future, :riff: might be able to find electricity and a computer.

Or the world in shambles, as large hulking beasts rule the surface world.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:23 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
seebert42 wrote:

Or Trollorian go-go dancers everywhere.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:34 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
seebert42 wrote:

Or Trollorian go-go dancers everywhere.

You definitely have a type.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:20 am 
Jackalope wrote:
Going back to my theory, what if one wasn't always just born a "bedeviled". What if an anima becoming "bedeviled" could also come as a result of a catalyst, like a significantly traumatic emotional event?

That's a very interesting theory…what if, say, Riff were to become a "bedeviled" in the process of trying to get the DFA back?

Yodimus_Prime wrote:

It sounds like Pete had actually planned for Zoë to say "yes" all along, but changed course at the last minute when he realized it would have been out of character for her. Even though the initial proposal ended up being a failure, I still think it helped to develop their relationship further.

Spirantz wrote:
I wonder if they'll have to completely chop off their anima to return home? i.e., remove the interference from the DFA.

So the problem isn't the psionic interference in the air but the animas (animae?) themselves? That sounds totally plausible to me, and would definitely put the gang in a bit of a bind—especially if no one has ever successfully removed their anima in this world before.

praisethesun wrote:
Some time ago Gwynn had a special task Torg asked her to do. We assumed it was stealing the DFA, but this could not have been the case. It had nothing to do with the marriage proposal. So there has to be something Torg didn't tell us yet. He hid something from Zoë alright, but it wasn't the proposal.

Unless Torg's lying, it sounds like he asked Gwynn to help him craft a wedding ring:

Torg wrote:
I couldn't find a jeweler to cut the gem because jewelry isn't much of a thing here, but I found a historical stone-artisan at the Scattle City museum! Gwynn brought him the uncut gem from Riff's place and finished the ring…

Still don't know what the "Revelation" in the chapter title is referring to, though…

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:08 am 
kansaichris wrote:
Unless Torg's lying, it sounds like he asked Gwynn to help him craft a wedding ring:

Oh, good point. I missed that completely. That throws my whole theory out of the window. Ah well, better luck next time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:52 am 
We've noticed in the reactions forums that Gwynn is looking strange. I think she's lost weight, though it may just be fashion.

But she's kind of been out of the main storyline here, and I'm wondering what we've missed.

I wonder if she and her magic were so entangled with the spark-ending danger of Sluggy Prime that being away from it is somehow damaging to her health... Certainly that plot hasn't been resolved yet.

Any other ideas about what she's been up to?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:09 am 
I almost made a.skeleton joke on there about what she looks like. It's entirely.possible, but I didn't want to bust Pete's balls too hard. Definitely a new hair style. Looks like she lost weight. And her boob is drawn a bit weird. Lolz.

It COULD be weight loss. But the last ref when she was with Torg, she didn't look quite like that.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat