Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:16 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1328
That raises an interesting question: can bedeviled see other bedeviled?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:37 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 119
Hmm…if the bedeviled could see each other, the Anima world would really start to resemble a game of Werewolf / Mafia / WitchHunt, wouldn’t it?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1621
Location: aboard the Fool's Folly
Spirantz wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:
I also predict that after this jump, there will be a proportionately larger number of bedeviled* among the populace.

*Trollorians

They only become Trollorians when they go out into space and away from the effects of the Animoon.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:14 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1328
Thom Solo wrote:
They only become Trollorians when they go out into space and away from the effects of the Animoon.


Your world is a curious complexity. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1621
Location: aboard the Fool's Folly
Spirantz wrote:
Your world is a curious complexity.

That may be the best compliment I've ever received! :torg:

Also, called it as far as Maya gettng DFA'd, although in all honesty that was pretty likely to happen. :)

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:56 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:00 pm
Posts: 20
i call 4U city flashbacks for riff in the next instance. however, other people pointed that out already.

this time around it will be harder to just smile at the officers though. animas are pretty handy for a utopian government.

aaaand a shot in the dark: somehow the lovely people who loaded the dfa on that train might have studied the dfa enough to get development on an own dfa started. the seer goons who stayed behind saw it in action, which might spur those efforts on even more. maybe the gang will run head first into a thing resembling 4U city a lot more than anticipated.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:00 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 1865
Location: Sweden
I am speculating that the people have evolved into pure animas, floating around in the atmosphere.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:36 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:56 am
Posts: 316
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Quote:
Stores of fresh food, no people and no personal belongings? There's not even a speck of dust!

Robots exterminated the people and then went back to the maintenance jobs they were programmed to do?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:16 pm 
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: under a pile of papers
Silverwalker wrote:
I am speculating that the people have evolved into pure animas, floating around in the atmosphere.

If nothing is alive, then at least no dead skin cells would be making dust (though of course dust has other origins too).
Rombobjörn wrote:
Robots exterminated the people and then went back to the maintenance jobs they were programmed to do?

Sounds like a Doctor Who episode. Specifically, "Smile" from the 12th Doctor's era.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1328
Rombobjörn wrote:
Quote:
Stores of fresh food, no people and no personal belongings? There's not even a speck of dust!

Robots exterminated the people and then went back to the maintenance jobs they were programmed to do?


Why would there be fresh food then? I'm getting a GLaDOS vibe here.

Not that it's a prediction.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:03 pm 
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: under a pile of papers
If no one is around and the food is still fresh, something is automated.

I just had a disturbing thought.
praisethesun wrote:

aaaand a shot in the dark: somehow the lovely people who loaded the dfa on that train might have studied the dfa enough to get development on an own dfa started. the seer goons who stayed behind saw it in action, which might spur those efforts on even more. maybe the gang will run head first into a thing resembling 4U city a lot more than anticipated.

Along these lines, I'm wondering if they got the DFAs to work enough to be sent to another dimension rather than another time. But anima can't go to another dimension. (After all, we've seen many dimensions, but never any anima). The anima, left behind, untethered from their person and doomed to wander a lifeless planet...or at least a planet with less life.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:50 pm 
Offline
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 1030
Location: Behind you.
Silverwalker wrote:
I am speculating that the people have evolved into pure animas, floating around in the atmosphere.


I think it might be more that the Anima evolved.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:52 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:56 am
Posts: 144
Location: Massachusetts
Those 'hoops' on every building? They're collecting antennas, sucking up the 'electricity' that powers animas ...and messed with the DFA.

I suspect the Anima people accidentally drained all the magic electricity, and then their own animas...and are stuck in some wierd Star Trek transporter accident type problem.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:46 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1328
Biscuit wrote:
Those 'hoops' on every building? They're collecting antennas, sucking up the 'electricity' that powers animas ...and messed with the DFA.

I suspect the Anima people accidentally drained all the magic electricity, and then their own animas...and are stuck in some wierd Star Trek transporter accident type problem.


This is my favourite so far. Their technology advanced towards utilizing the electricity in the air. I believe this now too. I'm sure Pete will twist it in a cool new way though.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:03 pm 
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: under a pile of papers
Spirantz wrote:
Biscuit wrote:
Those 'hoops' on every building? They're collecting antennas, sucking up the 'electricity' that powers animas ...and messed with the DFA.

I suspect the Anima people accidentally drained all the magic electricity, and then their own animas...and are stuck in some wierd Star Trek transporter accident type problem.


This is my favourite so far. Their technology advanced towards utilizing the electricity in the air. I believe this now too. I'm sure Pete will twist it in a cool new way though.


I also see potential of this idea. Certainly, it seems that they've separated the anima from themselves. Where they went is the question.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: