Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Chaz's soul
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:23 pm 
I was looking on Reddit to see if there was any Sluggy related sub-reddits, and found that there were two. (r/Sluggy and r/SluggyFreelance).

There's a post about "finding" Chaz. At first I thought it was pretty idiotic - it points to a comic where Chaz is in the spirit world, and looks like the knife Farahn was given by Symachus, and I'm pretty sure that Chaz was brought here by Kozoaku from the "Never" he was trapped in, where apparently "Satin" - who looks a lot like Satan - wielded it, until King Farahn took it from him. REF1
REF2

Later on we see Chaz on the ground, talking to Kronus Ref

We also see Chaz in present day next to the dagger Ref

So - I was certain these are different weapons. However, both weapons possess powers: Chaz explaining his powers. and Symachus explaining the dagger. Since Chaz is from another dimension, is it possible he's the same as the dagger - maybe modified by Bob, however, they do look rather different.

I have a feeling once this day is over, Chaz and the dagger will be one of the next story lines. After all, Bun Bun saw the dagger in the Wayang Kulit series and was not happy and Chaz has a whole back story still to explore.

Post subject: Re: Chaz's soul
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:19 am 
Well, after Oasis is wrapped up and the gang inherits what's left of hC, the only major storyline left is K'Z'K/Mohkadun/Timeless Space/Chaz - all part of the same storyline IMO. And I think Oasis will still be connected to Mohkadun as well, it hasn't been completely ruled out yet.

I'm not counting Sam. And I really hope we don't revisit Sam after this is done.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:21 am 
Quote:
and I'm pretty sure that Chaz was brought here by Kozoaku from the "Never" he was trapped in, where apparently "Satin" - who looks a lot like Satan - wielded it, until King Farahn took it from him.

I think the whole "Satin" thing was a misunderstanding by Farahn. He misunderstood the word Satan. If you pronounce it quickly, it does sound more like satin than SatAHN. Kinda like satIHN. Close enough for Farahn, anyway.

Satan dropped it and ran, really. All Farahn had to do was bend over and pick it up. If Satan dropped it correctly, who knows, maybe it stuck vertically so Farahn didn't even have to bend down to pick it up.
He IS a king, after all. Bending down to pick something up would be beneath him. So to speak :D

Just my thoughts. I get so few any more...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:55 am 
I'm wondering if K'Z'K pulled Chaz out of the Timeless Space? If so, is that were Satan came from, and did K'Z'K basically create the devil?

This actually gets really interesting if Chaz is from the Timeless Space. The characters in Oceans Unmoving didn't have particularly weird names - so if you could fit Bob into a pun, it could work. The Carib and the Gray people were really interested in how timeless space works, and would certainly be interested in that intersection between magic and science.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:43 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Freecain wrote:

"It is a powerful weapon" doesn't really mean much. I think a bronze-age person would call any well-smithed and sharpened steel blade a powerful weapon. (Mokhadun really should be stone age, but they had other blades that clearly weren't made of stone, so I can stretch as far as bronze.)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:19 pm 
Chaz's spirit form in the hair-raising story and the blade in Wayang Kulit always looked similar enough to me to be significant, before we ever saw the dagger. To me both the spirit form of Chaz and the blade in Wayang Kulit seem to incorporate some aspects of Chaz and the dagger, implying some connection. I don't really have a guess about how they are connected though.

We do know Bun-bun recognized the dagger, and that he has been through Timeless space and (as Sluggy) comes from a previous spark (as he had enmity with the Krig).

We know Chaz came from the Never, and that the Never was created to confine Kozoaku (I think?) by Krohnus. Later Rithuly and a bunch of spirit fauna and rayths and such were there. But we still don't know where, when, or how it was created, and it's entirely possible Timeless Space and time travel are involved - or not.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:27 pm 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
We know Chaz came from the Never, and that the Never was created to confine Kozoaku (I think?) by Krohnus.

I missed the mention of the Never being created to contain Kozoaku. Do you have a reference?

Was that done during the salt-and-pepper explanation strips?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:18 pm 
It wasn't. I think the universe/reality/spark was created to contain Kozoaku.

The Never is still a mystery.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:50 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Necro-ing in the time of Anima. Chaz doesn't appear to have one, but if he cuts someone, will we see him devour their anima?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:35 pm 
The dagger that bun-bun recognized was in his "mother" wasn't it? when he was in the shadow world, they mentioned it and it shows a dagger in his mother.

Here is the reference for the never being K'Z'K''s prison http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2014-02-03

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat