Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Zoë's blank brain
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:17 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Replying to a discussion about how Zoë was rebuilt in 4U City:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
As I recall, the explanation was "if the nanites don't have a snapshot, they'll just rebuild you according to your DNA" -- which apparently means you get a blank brain. Of course that doesn't explain why she couldn't learn anything after that, but hey, this is sci-fantasy.

One possible explanation is that after the first rebuild, the nanites identified her blank brain as a problem serious enough to warrant a full rebuild, which again left her with a blank brain, which was again identified as a problem, and so the nanites got stuck in a loop of constant rebuilds that kept wiping out all of her brain's attempts to learn things.

That would of course be a serious flaw in the nanites' programming.

Post subject: Re: Zoë's blank brain
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:40 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
As I recall, the explanation was "if the nanites don't have a snapshot, they'll just rebuild you according to your DNA" -- which apparently means you get a blank brain. Of course that doesn't explain why she couldn't learn anything after that, but hey, this is sci-fantasy.

One possible explanation is that after the first rebuild, the nanites identified her blank brain as a problem serious enough to warrant a full rebuild, which again left her with a blank brain, which was again identified as a problem, and so the nanites got stuck in a loop of constant rebuilds that kept wiping out all of her brain's attempts to learn things.

I wondered about that possibility.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:05 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:

Very plausible, I like it!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:51 pm 
I like that explanation as well. It would fall well into the methodology and logic we've seen from those nanites.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:17 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
I like that explanation as well. It would fall well into the methodology and logic we've seen from those nanites.

Indeed.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat