Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:55 am 
From the "What will happen next?" Thread:
TCCPhreak wrote:
Random spec: although Mater-1 does not look connected to anything, it is in fact connected to an invisible pillar, projected by one of the three points of the triangle.
Mater-2 and Mater-3 are connected to the other two points.

Regards,

TCC

This strikes me as very plausible. Maybe the ships in space correspond to the locations of where the pillars would connect with the ground.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:14 pm 
So we've learned a lot since the previous posts...but Feb 2 clarifies explicitly that Schlock's goal was to "take over the world before it even knew it had to attack"

Now we know for sure he wants to take over the world. But why?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
So we've learned a lot since the previous posts...but Feb 2 clarifies explicitly that Schlock's goal was to "take over the world before it even knew it had to attack"

Because he's a colossal coward. "They forced me into this! On their heads be it!"

He seems to think, rightfully, to a point, the only way he can be "safe" is if everyone else in the world is under his absolute control. Or dead (Kusari). Or fluxed (ala 4U City).

Kinda like how humans tend to deal with competitive/predatory predators in general. Kill em all. Wolves, Tigers, Lions, Puma's, Jaguars, the list is endless. I wonder how involved we were in the sabre-toothed cats' (who weren't actually related to modern cats, just a superficial resemblance, I think) extinction.

I have the sick feeling Schlock is trying to be a 1 man (plus Hereti-Corp) extinction event.

Which then leads one to spec just how influenced Schlock is by The Bug he originally ran from. Hmmmmm...
The Bug can be super-sneaky, and can play a LONG game. I wonder if some of the Fate-lines he re-arranged (through Gwynn) back in Mohkadune lead to him owning a piece of, thus permitting him to influence, Schlock.
Hmmmmmm... (again)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:29 pm 
I think perhaps a line from Brian Rammer in DoR to the effect that 'My father defeated an army of monsters raised by a demon to destroy the world' is relevant.

Everything Schlock has done has one goal and one only. To put himself in a position where he can save the world from PoopyPants. Everything else is secondary.

Dilvish wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

Because he's a colossal coward. "They forced me into this! On their heads be it!"

He seems to think, rightfully, to a point, the only way he can be "safe" is if everyone else in the world is under his absolute control. Or dead (Kusari). Or fluxed (ala 4U City).

Kinda like how humans tend to deal with competitive/predatory predators in general. Kill em all. Wolves, Tigers, Lions, Puma's, Jaguars, the list is endless. I wonder how involved we were in the sabre-toothed cats' (who weren't actually related to modern cats, just a superficial resemblance, I think) extinction.

I have the sick feeling Schlock is trying to be a 1 man (plus Hereti-Corp) extinction event.

Which then leads one to spec just how influenced Schlock is by The Bug he originally ran from. Hmmmmm...
The Bug can be super-sneaky, and can play a LONG game. I wonder if some of the Fate-lines he re-arranged (through Gwynn) back in Mohkadune lead to him owning a piece of, thus permitting him to influence, Schlock.
Hmmmmmm... (again)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:59 pm 
erewhon wrote:
I think perhaps a line from Brian Rammer in DoR to the effect that 'My father defeated an army of monsters raised by a demon to destroy the world' is relevant.

Everything Schlock has done has one goal and one only. To put himself in a position where he can save the world from PoopyPants. Everything else is secondary.

I agree with you. Here is the strip you cited.
If only Schlock tried to work with people to save the world instead of by himself. If the DoR is the example of Schlock's "success" at saving the world by himself, it leaves something to be desired.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am 
I think it's more personal than that - it's about saving the world that HE inhabits.
Everyone else is expendable, if he can get that safe haven.

There are several things that Riff needs to make him aware of, not least the damage caused by repeated DFA use to the 'Timeless Space' buffer zone surrounding the Sluggy Prime dimension created by Krohnus to protect it (and the Fate Web) from outsider incursion.

Aside from that, there are also some comments that interest me made by Chaz when he first met Torg (panel 11) that heark back to a conversation between the Fate Spiders

Is Schlock actually trying to prevent the end of reality, not just the end of the world?

randomlanguage wrote:
If only Schlock tried to work with people to save the world instead of by himself. If the DoR is the example of Schlock's "success" at saving the world by himself, it leaves something to be desired.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat