Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:19 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Another problem with that GOFOTRON battle, is that it's only showing the original jpgs and not the larger pngs for any of the resolutions (900 & 1000, unknown for 1150). If up-sized, it would also be consistently 4 panels wide --except the end-- whichever rez someone is viewing it with.

Though it was originally designed to be 6 panels wide. If only Pete made the thing with 60 panels instead of 66, we wouldn't have this odd final line for any count less than 6 wide.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:16 pm 
The 1999 anniversary comic doesn't show up at all for me when reading by chapter (Google Chrome, Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit), on Windows 10 laptop).

Actually this applies to the 1998 comic too - maybe all of them? I understand that they haven't been resized because of the animation, I just wasn't expecting them not to be there at all.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:16 pm 
AOL: Astaereth
There appears to be a couple of problems with the recap strips at the start of Book 10. What I see is this order:

-Secondary cast recap (Aylee, Bert, Sam, the Ghosts)
-Tertiary cast recap (the demons and the old landlord, plus a text segue to the original Alien Santa recap dossiers)
-Alien Santa recap dossier intro
-Main cast recap (Torg, Zoe, Kesandru House, etc) (complete with recap intro of "here's some things you should know," so definitely meant to be first in the series)
-Alien Santa recap dossier intro (exact same strip as before, so this is a duplicate)
-the rest of the Alien Santa recaps as normal

But what it should look like, it seems, is this:

-Main cast recap
-Secondary cast recap
-Tertiary cast recap
-Alien Santa recap dossier intro
-the rest of the Alien Santa recaps as normal

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:22 am 
An oddity: When getting ready to post a new topic, scrolling to the very bottom of the window led to the screen jumping.

I am using firefox.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:29 pm 
slightlylooney wrote:
An oddity: When getting ready to post a new topic, scrolling to the very bottom of the window led to the screen jumping.

I am using firefox.

Yes, I noticed that, too - also on Firefox. I also had the pleasure of getting logged out of the forum after clicking a "First unread post" link... So I did not end up at the 'first unread post', but rather back at the beginning of the thread. Worked fine the second time that I tried it... So it appears 'random'?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:06 pm 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
The 1999 anniversary comic doesn't show up at all for me when reading by chapter (Google Chrome, Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit), on Windows 10 laptop).

Actually this applies to the 1998 comic too - maybe all of them? I understand that they haven't been resized because of the animation, I just wasn't expecting them not to be there at all.

I've been seeing them on my reread (up to date Chrome on OSX)... until nowwww, when year 6 is just missing.

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2003-08-25

Edit: now this isn't loading for me, and it's not even an anniversary gif.

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2003-09-18

Clicking back through the anniversaries, it seems like some gifs are loading and some aren't.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:40 pm 
Malice wrote:
FullMetalArchivist wrote:

I've been seeing them on my reread (up to date Chrome on OSX)... until nowwww, when year 6 is just missing.

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2003-08-25

Edit: now this isn't loading for me, and it's not even an anniversary gif.

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2003-09-18

Clicking back through the anniversaries, it seems like some gifs are loading and some aren't.

The ones in 2013 also aren't loading. Also, if you look at http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2013-09-12, it looks like the very bottom of the previous comic is duplicated at the very top of the comic for September 12.

Edit:
And http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2014-01-22 is just missing.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 am 
I noticed that a bunch, well actually, most of the strips no longer have any top and/or bottom text. No "Sluggy Freelance" on top nor the website and copyright on the bottom.

At first I thought it was primarily only the chapters that were not in books, but no it's everywhere I look. Of the strips missing this, they have neither top nor bottom text. Though of the ones that only have one of the two, most have the top text. It's rarer to only have the bottom text.

Also, I found that if there were a page that only had a listing of the chapters would be very handy instead of going back to that abomination of a book selector. No, I'm never going to like that annoying thing. When it is easier to just type in the URL to the book or chapter than use the thing, that means there's a problem.

I miss being able to just go to a sub-chapter as well.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:53 am 
Row 3, Panel 3 of this Holiday Wars Sunday appears to be misaligned, resulting in some of the panel's upper text being cut off:

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2003-12-14

Edit:

Row 3, Panel 1 of another HW comic seems misaligned in a similar fashion, cutting off the start of Basphomy's text:

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2003-12-17

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:43 am 
Well, http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2014-01-22 is showing up now, although small, I think. I'm not sure why that is since it isn't animated.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 pm 
swmartian wrote:
I also had the pleasure of getting logged out of the forum after clicking a "First unread post" link...

I hope that I'm not 'harping' - I know that y'all have higher priorities right now. But I have additional information - I think. I have come to realize that I have only once been randomly logged out of "Reactions" and I think that one time was on me. However, it seems to be hit or miss whether I'll be logged into "Sluggy Related Chat" and it was that forum that I was booted from in the middle of navigating. I can't speak for the other forums, as I don't really even have time for these two. So I don't play in those.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:23 pm 
Since the forum threads do not have page numbers on the front page of each forum (hint, hint), I have been reluctantly getting used to clicking into the forum thread and then clicking on "first unread post" - perhaps a little too accustomed to it... Today, I clicked into today's reaction thread, and then absent-mindedly immediately clicked on "first unread post". Um, well, that booted me to page 2, even though I had not read anything on that first page, nor even navigated anywhere on the page yet.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:07 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Since the forum threads do not have page numbers on the front page of each forum (hint, hint), I have been reluctantly getting used to clicking into the forum thread and then clicking on "first unread post" - perhaps a little too accustomed to it... Today, I clicked into today's reaction thread, and then absent-mindedly immediately clicked on "first unread post". Um, well, that booted me to page 2, even though I had not read anything on that first page, nor even navigated anywhere on the page yet.
I think what happened was that you were already on that page so it automatically assumes you read what was on that page.

If you are only trying to get to what you haven't read in a thread, there's probably an easier way to do that and with one less click. If you click this icon Image to the left of an unread topic, it will take you to the first unread post. No need to even go into the topic first.
Example: Image Sluggy 20+ Support Thread

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:24 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
swmartian wrote:
I think what happened was that you were already on that page so it automatically assumes you read what was on that page.

If you are only trying to get to what you haven't read in a thread, there's probably an easier way to do that and with one less click. If you click this icon Image to the left of an unread topic, it will take you to the first unread post. No need to even go into the topic first.
Example: Image Sluggy 20+ Support Thread

Thanks Zill. I had already figured that second trick out, but not until I habituated myself to the first 'trick' I had found... I do not mean to harp on what has already been requested, but like others, I do miss the page numbers on the front page of the forums. I'm old, and my memory is not what it used to be. So I don't mind starting at the top of the most recent page so that I have a chance to refresh my memory of the ongoing discussion before reaching the first post that I have not yet read... ...and would likely prefer to have that option back. Although, now that I'm building other habits.........

You may be right about the page - but that's old tech if you are. Blackboard, for example, does not mark a discussion post read until you've scrolled past it (and sometimes not even then). But then that's probably a phpBB software issue not something for these folk (or this thread). I haven't played around with BB software, so I don't know what is tweakable and what is not...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:29 pm 
I have discovered, apparently other people can edit their forum profile but I can't. I do not have the "Edit Profile" option. When I go to the User Control Panel and click on Profile, I get this:
Spoiler: show
Options
Overview
» Edit avatar
» Edit account settings
» Manage “Remember Me” login keys
Board preferences
Private messages
Usergroups
Friends & Foes
I don't have the "Edit Profile" option. So I can't change Location, Occupation, Interests, or what I really want to do is remove my Yahoo Messenger ID.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat