Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 pm 
What about security for the message boards? Google has been saying this site is unsafe for ages now. Is there an update available or what?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:03 pm 
thancock wrote:
I am trying to find all of the old Defender's shield comments--is there anywhere they are all in one place? is it the D20+ blog?

Hmm…good question. I don't know of any one place where all the "shield" comments are collected in one place—it doesn't appear to be the D20+ blog.

thancock wrote:
I also noticed that the links for the art in the blog is broken.

Oh, you mean the blog post for December 16th, Some Closing 2018 Thoughts? You're right: there should be an image hosted at https://static.sluggy.com/images/newsim ... ki2018.png, but it doesn't appear to exist.

thancock wrote:
Is the compendium meant to have something in it?

You know, I don't know whether I ever visited the The Compendium before, but you're right again: I always get a "page not found" error.

Spirantz wrote:
What about security for the message boards? Google has been saying this site is unsafe for ages now. Is there an update available or what?

Yeah, that would be nice. The way things stand at the moment, all message board traffic is sent "in the clear" (i.e. unencrypted) and can be sniffed by anyone sharing a Wi-Fi network with you (à la Firesheep) as well as any third party that processes/routes the network packets sent between your computer and the Sluggy message board servers. Now that Let's Encrypt has made domain-verified SSL certificates available for free, there isn't a financial downside associated with switching to HTTPS anymore and it certainly seems like the right thing to do.

While I'm here, would it be possible to also request email notifications for new D20+ blog posts? I don't check the D20+ blog that often, so it would be nice to be told whenever something new has been posted there.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat